Re: WSUS 3.0 snap-in is not responding

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

Feb 23, 2008, 6:06:28 PM2/23/08
"GreedyGreen" <Greed...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A2148429-9421-45A1...@microsoft.com...
>I have a problem with WSUS 3.0 loaded on an IBM eServer x3500 running
>Win2003
> SP2
> It was up and running happily but has stopped working. Now when I try to
> load the MMC console for WSUS the snap-in tries to load for a while and
> then
> bombs out with the error:
>
> End Snap-in
> The snap-in is not responding
>
> Anybody got any ideas I can try? Mine ran out after rebooting the server
> and
> coming up with nil on a google search :)

Delete the wsus.msc file and then restart the WSUS Administration Console.

The wsus.msc file is located in:
%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Frank...@brown.edu

Dec 4, 2013, 2:52:02 PM12/4/13
By repairing the .Net Framework install, the snapins finally worked properly.

ranga

Dec 7, 2013, 1:41:25 AM12/7/13

ranga

Dec 19, 2013, 5:18:31 AM12/19/13
On Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:36:28 AM UTC+5:30, Lawrence Garvin [MVP] wrote:
ho