RE: Error = 0xC8003f3

Dean at Idaho Tax

Feb 16, 2006, 11:49:23 AM2/16/06
OK. I fixed this problem and here is how I did it.

1. First, I again performed the following:
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll /s
net stop wuauserv
cd /d %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
rd /s /q DataStore
net start wuauserv

2. This resulted in the following errors in WindowsUpdate.log:

0x80240013
0x8024400a
0x80240017

3. Next, I registered the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 mssip32.dll

4. Then I recieved the following errors in WindowsUpdate.log:

0x80070008
0x80240017

5. Finally, I performed the following:

Stopped the Automatic Update service
Renamed the SoftwareDistribution folder in C:\Windows to
SoftwareDistribution.old
Started the Automatic Update service.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

"Dean at Idaho Tax" wrote:

> We are using WSUS and this error is occuring on a W2K3 Ent server.
>
> Symptoms:
> 1. When I double click on update globe, it disappears, the install Express
> or Custom is not displayed, globe comes back.
> 2. The following error in WindowsUpdate.log
> DtaStor FATAL: Failed to initialize datastore, error = 0xC80003F3
> DnldMgr FATAL: DM:CAgentDownloadManager::CheckAllCallDownloadStates:
> GetSession failed with 0xc80003f3.
> DtaStor FATAL: Failed to initialize datastore, error = 0xC80003F3
> Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload events with hr = c80003f3.
> DtaStor FATAL: Failed to initialize datastore, error = 0xC80003F3
> Report WARNING: Reporter failed to upload events with hr = c80003f3.
> 3. The following error in the ReportingEvents.log:
> c80003f3 AutomaticUpdates Failure Software Synchronization Error: Agent
> failed detecting with reason: 0xc80003f3
>
> I've tried the following:
> regsvr32 MSXML3.dll /s
> net stop wuauserv
> cd /d %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
> rd /s /q DataStore
> net start wuauserv
>
> I've also tried stoping the WU service, deleting all the folders in the
> SoftwareDistribution folder, and then restarting th WU service.
>
> Can anyone help?

bnosbod

Mar 16, 2006, 11:17:43 AM3/16/06
Pure Genius.......Worked like a charm!

brink...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2013, 6:35:22 AM2/15/13
Superb! Great many thanx.

After many hours of trying MS's many small "fix-apps" back and forth without getting any wiser....I finally found an errorcode in the log that led me to this saviour.

Thank you.

/BM

marsa...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2019, 10:24:36 AM11/20/19