New clients cannot update: WU_E_DS_DUPLICATEUPDATEID

Jay A

Sep 25, 2019, 4:53:39 PM9/25/19
I have a WSUS server (on Server Standard 2019) that provides updates for 20 existing systems with Win10 1903.

I recently added 10 more systems to the domain, and used GPOs to point them to the same wsus server. These "new" clients are running Win 10 1809. The first time I attempt to update, all of the new clients get error WU_E_DS_DUPLICATEUPDATEID (0x80248013).

I have no idea how to resolve, and could use some guidance.

Thanks!