WSUS 2.0 w/SP1 Download

Colin

Jul 20, 2009, 3:51:01 PM7/20/09
Hi there,

I am trying to download Microsoft WSUS 2.0 from here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466206.aspx

However, I get an error message when attempting to download. It looks like
it is no longer available on Microsoft's site. I really don't want to go to
3.0 right now, are there alternative locations to download the setup package?

Thanks!

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

Jul 20, 2009, 7:27:13 PM7/20/09
"Colin" <Co...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to download Microsoft WSUS 2.0 from here:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466206.aspx

Why ever would you be doing that?

> However, I get an error message when attempting to download. It looks
> like
> it is no longer available on Microsoft's site.

Yeah.. not for about two years now!

> I really don't want to go to 3.0 right now

And *exactly* why would this be? WSUS 2 is no longer a supported product.
The only version of WSUS available for installation is WSUS3SP1.

> are there alternative locations to download the setup package?

No.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

schmidlap

Jan 3, 2010, 7:45:53 AM1/3/10

Colin, I have WSUS 2.0 for you. WSUS 3.0 is a slow, clunky piece of
crap. I don't blame you for wanting 2.0. It works so much better. The
file is about 160 MB and includes everything you need. How do you want
me to send it to you?

--
schmidlap
schmidlap's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170225.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rodolfo Parrado Gutiérrez

Jan 3, 2010, 2:03:36 PM1/3/10
fyi

Q. When does support end for WSUS 2.0?
A. Support for WSUS 2.0 has already ended. WSUS 2.0 SP1 support will end
April 2009 (two years after WSUS 3.0 was released).

Q. After support ended for Software Update Services (SUS), no new updates
were available for SUS servers. Will the same be true for WSUS 3.0 and WSUS
2.0?
A. We plan to make most new updates, including the latest version of WSUS
itself, available to older versions of WSUS. The exception will be updates
that require features only present in the newer version of the WSUS server.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb980625.aspx

"schmidlap" <schmidla...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

bertster

Mar 2, 2010, 6:05:30 AM3/2/10

I appriciate a copy of the WSUS 2.0 software for my ageing W2K server.
Please is it available as a download? Thanks

--
bertster
bertster's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/28456.htm

lensman

Mar 5, 2010, 8:53:01 AM3/5/10

Hey... after searching for quite a while I found one here:

http://www.filewatcher.com/m/WSUS2-KB919004-x86.exe.166271864.0.0.html

@schmidlap - I had PM'd you about this, so please disregard that.

-Lensman

--