Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Upgrade 2003 to 2008 "frontpage server extensions are installed"

閲覧: 2,089 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Peter Lawton

未読、
2008/02/21 15:00:032008/02/21
To:
Trying to upgrade a W2003 server to W2008 and the upgrade is disabled with
the message:-

"Setup has detected that FrontPage server extensions is installed on this
computer. To upgrade your server, uninstall this component."

Not only are FrontPage server extensions not installed but IIS isn't even
installed. No sign of any uninstall for FrontPage server extensions either.

Anyone any idea what the W2008 server is looking at to think they are
installed so I can delete it to allow the upgrade to continue

Thanks

Peter Lawton

Wehle@discussions.microsoft.com Michael Wehle

未読、
2008/02/28 23:51:002008/02/28
To:
I am having the same issue on two different 2003 machines. I uninstalled
FrontPage 2002 Extensions using Add/Remove Programs, but see no way to
uninstall FPSE. What is the W2008 install looking for?

Peter Lawton

未読、
2008/02/29 3:22:452008/02/29
To:
As there seemed no MS tool to remove them I got brutal in the end.

1) Removed the frontpage ISAPI filter from all web sites and the top level
"Web Sites" in IIS manager
2) Searched the registry for all entries containing "FrontPage" and "web
server extensions" and deleted as many of the keys as possible
3) Used a delete on boot utility to remove the directory "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions"

I can't see why they insist on not installing W2008 if FrontPage extensions
are installed, why don't they just remove the extensions during the install
process, or at least publish a "completely remove frontpage extensions" tool

Peter Lawton

"Michael Wehle" <Michael We...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

webde...@gmail.com

未読、
2008/03/01 0:43:122008/03/01
To:
Did getting brutal work? Did you get 2008 installed? I have the same
problem and and am up the creek.

On Feb 29, 1:22 am, "Peter Lawton" <du...@dummy.domain> wrote:
> As there seemed no MS tool to remove them I got brutal in the end.
>
> 1) Removed the frontpage ISAPI filter from all web sites and the top level
> "Web Sites" in IIS manager
> 2) Searched the registry for all entries containing "FrontPage" and "web
> server extensions" and deleted as many of the keys as possible
> 3) Used a delete on boot utility to remove the directory "C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions"
>
> I can't see why they insist on not installing W2008 if FrontPage extensions
> are installed, why don't they just remove the extensions during the install
> process, or at least publish a "completely remove frontpage extensions" tool
>
> Peter Lawton
>
> "Michael Wehle" <Michael We...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:5971B455-BB93-46F2...@microsoft.com...

Peter Lawton

未読、
2008/03/01 5:02:272008/03/01
To:
Oh yes, I got the upgrade to run OK in the end after ripping everything
related I could find out of the registry, IIS even works still after the
upgrade.

It really isn't good enough though for MS to insist FrontPage extensions
aren't installed before an upgrade and then not to provide any way to remove
them.

MS even supply a cut down version of FrontPage extensions for W2008 now, why
on earth not just ship that with W2008 and be done with it.

I don't think this problem is isolated either, I've had to do the same on
every W2003 server I've upgraded, that had FrontPage installed at any time.

Peter Lawton

<webde...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Michael Wehle

未読、
2008/03/01 21:22:012008/03/01
To:
Peter, thanks so much for passing on your solution! This works for me too.

Peter Lawton

未読、
2008/03/02 4:18:282008/03/02
To:
Great, glad it worked for you too :)

Just a shame MS forces us to go to these lengths, I bet this is going to
happen to a lot of people, I've had it on 4 servers already.

Peter Lawton

"Michael Wehle" <Michae...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

bigbcreations

未読、
2009/02/15 16:46:572009/02/15

Thank you! This worked and I can now upgrade Vista Business to Vista
Ultimate.

--
bigbcreations
bigbcreations's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bigbcreations.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Ray DeBiase

未読、
2010/08/31 12:18:452010/08/31
To:
After removing FrontPage Extensions from Add/Remove Programs:
Click Windows Components
Application Server, Details
Internet Information Server (IIS), Details
Uncheck FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
Click OK

> On Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:00 PM Peter Lawton wrote:

> Trying to upgrade a W2003 server to W2008 and the upgrade is disabled with
> the message:-
>
> "Setup has detected that FrontPage server extensions is installed on this
> computer. To upgrade your server, uninstall this component."
>
> Not only are FrontPage server extensions not installed but IIS isn't even
> installed. No sign of any uninstall for FrontPage server extensions either.
>
> Anyone any idea what the W2008 server is looking at to think they are
> installed so I can delete it to allow the upgrade to continue
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

>> On Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:51 PM Michael Wehl wrote:

>> I am having the same issue on two different 2003 machines. I uninstalled
>> FrontPage 2002 Extensions using Add/Remove Programs, but see no way to
>> uninstall FPSE. What is the W2008 install looking for?
>>

>> "Peter Lawton" wrote:

>>> On Friday, February 29, 2008 3:22 AM Peter Lawton wrote:

>>> As there seemed no MS tool to remove them I got brutal in the end.
>>>

>>> 1) Removed the frontpage ISAPI filter from all web sites and the top level
>>> "Web Sites" in IIS manager
>>> 2) Searched the registry for all entries containing "FrontPage" and "web
>>> server extensions" and deleted as many of the keys as possible
>>> 3) Used a delete on boot utility to remove the directory "C:\Program
>>> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions"
>>>

>>> I can't see why they insist on not installing W2008 if FrontPage extensions
>>> are installed, why don't they just remove the extensions during the install
>>> process, or at least publish a "completely remove frontpage extensions" tool
>>>
>>> Peter Lawton
>>>
>>> "Michael Wehle" <Michael We...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

debjit...@gmail.com

未読、
2016/11/15 23:37:172016/11/15
To:
Peter you are a genius. It worked for me as well though the post is 8 yrs old :).. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Dev
新着メール 0 件