Re: proxy server

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 13, 2005, 8:46:26 PM5/13/05
peter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Every time i put my laptop on at work, it defaults to the proxy
> server. AD network.
>
> When i get home and access my wireless lan i have to disable the
> proxy.
>
> Is there a script to disable it?

set shell = createobject("wscript.shell")
key = _
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\" _
& "Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\" _
& "Internet Settings\ProxyEnable"
if MsgBox("Disable Proxy server?",vbYesNo) = vbYes then
shell.regwrite key,CLng(0), "REG_DWORD"
else
shell.regwrite key,CLng(1), "REG_DWORD"
end if

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP Scripting

Mike

May 16, 2005, 9:40:28 PM5/16/05

How do you set the Proxy for every user on a computer?
(I do not wish to use a GPO)

I want to set the Proxy Server = myp...@mycompany.com Port 80
Use same proxy for all protocols.
Ignore proxy for Local stuff

Thanks,

Mike

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Michael Harris (MVP)" <mikhar at mvps dot org> wrote in message

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 16, 2005, 11:58:48 PM5/16/05
Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do you set the Proxy for every user on a computer?
> (I do not wish to use a GPO)
>
> I want to set the Proxy Server = myp...@mycompany.com Port 80
> Use same proxy for all protocols.
> Ignore proxy for Local stuff

How to Configure Client Proxy Server Settings by Using a Registry File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819961

From a logon script, you can use WshShell.Run to execute "regsvr32 /s ""path
to\myproxy.reg""" or do the equivalent with WsgShell.RegWrite.

MFelkins

May 17, 2005, 2:06:08 PM5/17/05
I have tried this and it does nothing.

regsvr32 /s ""H:\Files\VBS\proxy.reg""

Here is the Proxy.reg file;

Regedit4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings]
"MigrateProxy"=dword:00000001
"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
"ProxyHttp1.1"=dword:00000000
"ProxyServer"="http://myproxy.com:80"
"ProxyOverride"="<local>"

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

May 17, 2005, 3:13:15 PM5/17/05
MFelkins wrote:

> I have tried this and it does nothing.
>
> regsvr32 /s ""H:\Files\VBS\proxy.reg""

Hi,

I would think Michael really meant

regedit.exe /s

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 17, 2005, 7:57:25 PM5/17/05
> I would think Michael really meant
>
> regedit.exe /s

duh ;-)...

MFelkins

May 18, 2005, 12:39:18 PM5/18/05
Well, either way IE ignores it. What am I missing here?

Mike

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 18, 2005, 8:16:01 PM5/18/05
MFelkins wrote:
> Well, either way IE ignores it. What am I missing here?

Have you checked the registry to see if the changes were imported?

Do you check the exitcode from regedit when you do the WshShell.Run call
(you need to call Run as a function with the bWaitForExit option)?

Are all IE instances closed at the time (direct registry updates do not
affect open IE instances)?

christoph...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2014, 7:08:51 PM8/25/14
Good Afternoon from New Mexico,

Here is a what if situation lets say the Lan settings us a proxy address for the local network and the vpn connection settings under ie use another proxy address, How can i ensure that both proxies are configured in the settings and are maintained. We have noticed that switching on an off the proxy will dump out the setting for the proxy under IE's dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings.

Thanks in advance
Chris