Login script error

Luis O

Feb 19, 2008, 7:41:00 PM2/19/08
We recently purchased an iPrism web filtering appliance. The appliance can
generate a login script to be run from GPO (2003) to the clients (XP SP2).

' Iprism Logon Script
'
' This script is intended to run on end-user workstations. Its purpose is to
send HTTP-GET requests
' to iPrism. These requests inform iPrism of the exact time of when a user
has logged on to a workstation,
' and will also let the iPrism know that the user is still logged on to a
workstation over periods of time.
' By interpreting the HTTP-GET requests and the workstation IP address,
iPrism will know the username from
' each workstation from initial logon until final logoff.
'
' URL of iPrism
URL="http://10.243.220.2:80/auth-bin/nph-xauth?URL=null"
'
' Creates the 'xml' object, used to send the HTTP-GET requests to the iPrism
URL
Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
'
' Entry point to the Loop, contents of which are executed after every sleep
do
'
' COnfigures the 'xml' object to the iPrism URL
xml.Open "GET", URL, False
'
' Actually Sends the HTTP-GET request and returns the data:
xml.Send
'
' Tells the loop to sleep, in milliseconds
WScript.Sleep(300000)
'
' Tells this script to loop, starting with the 'do'
loop
The script attempts to run on the machines when the users login however,
all the users are getting an error that says the following:

Script:
\\path\....\.....
Line: 22
Char: 3
Error: Access is denied.

Code: 80070005
Source: MSXML3.dll

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Mueller [MVP]

Feb 23, 2008, 8:08:05 PM2/23/08
Luis O wrote:

Is line 22 the following line?

xml.Send

Perhaps users don't have permission.

--
Richard Mueller
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI

Joel

May 7, 2008, 3:44:02 PM5/7/08

> We recently purchased an iPrism web filtering appliance. The appliance can
> generate a login script to be run from GPO (2003) to the clients (XP SP2).

We are having the same issues with some of our users. For our XP users,
resetting the IE security settings to default seemed to fix it.

We are still getting the error on our servers though.

Anyone else know more about Microsoft.XMLHTTP?

Tom Lavedas

May 7, 2008, 4:10:58 PM5/7/08

It just might also help to try the more recent MSXML2.XMLHTTP object
in place of the older Microsoft.XMLHTTP. Don't know, just a
suggestion, not sure why it might help. The methods and calls for
the two are the same as far as this application is concerned.

Tom Lavedas
===========
http://members.cox.net/tglbatch/wsh/

djwtech

Sep 15, 2011, 5:26:43 PM9/15/11
> path.
> Line: 22
> Char: 3
> Error: Access is denied.
>
> Code: 80070005
> Source: MSXML3.dll

I don't mean to bump an old article, but I thought I would add for any future
users who come across this article.

The iPrism URL should be based on your Auto-login setting. If it's set to DNS
you need to be using the machine name or FQDN in the URL. If not, using the
IP
address will result in an Access is denied error when attempting to run the
script.

Refer to the iPrism support page:

http://www.edgewave.com/support/web_security/help/iPrism/Authentication/Windows/AutoLogin/ip0405.htm

chjq...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2014, 1:47:14 PM10/16/14
My colleague has the same issue. All you need to do is to manipulate the script.

Put a "On Error Resume Next" after the CreateObject, like below

' URL of iPrism
URL="http://10.243.220.2:80/auth-bin/nph-xauth?URL=null"
'
' Creates the 'xml' object, used to send the HTTP-GET requests to the iPrism
URL
Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
On Error Resume Next

It will skip if error occurred.
Nothing big deal just try not to pop up an error to the user.
Hope this helps