Grupuri Google nu mai acceptă postările sau abonamentele noi Usenet. Conținutul anterior este în continuare vizibil.

Remote Web Workplace Slow to login for Users

621 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Wes

necitită,
3 aug. 2004, 16:13:4403.08.2004
I have an SBS 2003 Premium Edition server with a W2k Standard Server acting
as a Terminal Server. When I log into RWW, internally and externally, as an
administrator I can access the Main Page pretty much immediately (over DSL).
When I log into RWW as a normal user it takes at least 1.5 - 2 minutes to
open the main page but from then on it works okay. I can access the
Application Server fine but if I close RWW and connect again straightway, it
takes another 1.5 - 2 minutes to connect to the RWW main page.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can speed things up a bit?

Many thanks,

Wes

Ray Fong [MSFT]

necitită,
3 aug. 2004, 16:39:2103.08.2004
Is ALL the TS Apps online all the time? When it is slow, it is trying to
contact ALL the TS Apps server. If one of them is not online or used to be
part of the domain but you didn't remove it properly, then RWW will take a
long time to logon.

Ray Fong
Microsoft SBS Product Support

Wes

necitită,
3 aug. 2004, 16:59:2703.08.2004
Hi Ray,

I only have one TS (Application mode) connected to the SBS server. When I
connect to RWW using an Administrator account and then to the TS via Connect
to Server link, it all works fine. I then log off and log back on again as
a normal user and it takes 1.5 - 2 minutes to log into RWW but then
connecting to the TS via Connect to my company's application-sharing server
link is fine.

TS used to be a DC with TS in Remote Admin mode. I demoted the server and
joined it to the SBS 2003 domain as a member server. Configured TS in
Application mode and installed and activated the TS Licensing Server on the
SBS box.

Any suggestions on where I go from here?

Regards,

Wes

"Ray Fong [MSFT]" <ray...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ray Fong [MSFT]

necitită,
3 aug. 2004, 20:53:4503.08.2004
1. Make a backup of Inetpub\Remote\client.aspx
2. Open the file with Notepad
3. Search for "rapLinks.canShowSharedAppsLink" and replace it with "false"
(<--make sure it is lower case)
4. Type "IISreset" from a command prompt.
5. Try to logon as a user now.

If the speed is quick, then it means SBS is still trying to locate the
TSApps server.

Could you go to AD Users and Computers, and from ADSIEdit.msc, check if you
can find the old server.
Also, how fast is the ping response when you ping the TSApps server?
If you ping the old server, does it resolve to any IP (even it won't reply
back)?

Wes

necitită,
4 aug. 2004, 12:54:4504.08.2004
Hi Ray,

Problem resolved. Your first suggestion was spot on, I did have another
server that was running Terminal Services and it was not online when I tried
to connect to RWW.

It was a long day yesterday and I was so focused on Terminal Services in
Application Mode I completely forgot about the other server running Terminal
Services in Remote Administration mode.

I brought the server online this morning and everything worked like a dream.

Thank you.

Wes

"Ray Fong [MSFT]" <ray...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0 mesaje noi