How to Change DHCP servers IP address

Tim

Dec 22, 2004, 5:45:03 PM12/22/04
Okay, I know now after browsing the forum that I should have used the Wizard
to change the static IP of my server for Windows 2003 SBS.

I did not and changed everything manually. One exception, I created a new
scope for the DHCP server but I did not change the IP of the DHCP server
itself. So now when I open the dhcp mmc it cannot find my DHCP server. I
can't seem to delete the DHCP server and recreate it.

As you guessed I need help on changing the DHCP servers IP address formerly
192.168.1.3 to 192.168.15.3

I'm going on-site tonight to fix this. I've thought about running the
change IP wizard but wonder if it will work when my IP has already been
changed.

Help....

SuperGumby [SBS MVP]

Dec 22, 2004, 6:10:43 PM12/22/04
use the wiz to change it back to what it was, then run the wiz again to
change it to what you want.

Then poke around and see if there's any garbage left over.

"Tim" <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tim

Dec 22, 2004, 7:11:02 PM12/22/04
I hate when I have to do things backwards. I changed the DNS servers IP with
no problems. Is there not a way to change the ip address of a dhcp server
after the static IP of the server has changed? Something feels really wrong
with this scenerio...

Another concern is that if I run this "Change IP address wizard" and my
static DHCP entries will be trashed. This seems unnecessary just to fix a IP
address for a DHCP server.

Thanks for your response, just a little frustrated this isn't a simple fix.
I know it is under other Operating Systems ...

Tim
Tim

SuperGumby [SBS MVP]

Dec 22, 2004, 7:21:17 PM12/22/04
You have a choice. You can either run the wiz or do things manually. If you
do things manually you must ensure you do all the things the wiz does.
Despite my familiarity with SBS I don't attempt to outdo the dev team, I
don't know what the wiz does, don't care either.

"Tim" <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Dec 23, 2004, 2:29:21 PM12/23/04
Tim wrote:
> Okay, I know now after browsing the forum that I should have used the
> Wizard to change the static IP of my server for Windows 2003 SBS.
>
> I did not and changed everything manually. One exception, I created
> a new scope for the DHCP server but I did not change the IP of the
> DHCP server itself. So now when I open the dhcp mmc it cannot find
> my DHCP server. I can't seem to delete the DHCP server and recreate
> it.

What errors do you get when you try?

roy.ernest...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2020, 6:53:03 AM3/14/20