SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat

mido1971

Oct 21, 2009, 5:19:01 AM10/21/09
hi, and sorry for may bad english

when i boot the client the SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat create a map drive i thing
with latter Z i need to change it

how can i change map drive from z to y in client pc
i try NET USE Y: \\server\...\setup /s but it dosent change any thing in
the client

thanks for help

Larry Struckmeyer [SBS-MVP]

Oct 21, 2009, 6:57:44 AM10/21/09
Hi Mido:

On the SBS, use search to find the sbs*.bat file. Specify hidden files and
folders. There are two of them, but they are in replicated folders, so only
need to edit one.

Make a copy somewhere in case of later issues. Do not skip this step.

Open it with notepad.... that is, right click - "edit".

Make the required changes.

Save the file, verify that .txt has not been added to the end, as in
.bat.txt

Below is a sample: One removes and replaces the mapped drives to avoid the
error that the drive is already mapped. You can use this to stop mapping the
z drive, as in:

if exist z: net use z: /delete

after everyone has logged on, you could then remove or rem out the remove z
line.

_______
echo on

rem:map P drive for Line of Business App

if exist P: net use P: /delete

net use P: \\sbs-server\petro /persistent:yes
_______

--
Larry
Please post the resolution to your

Get a Health Check for SBS at:
www.sbsbpa.com

"mido1971" <mido...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Merv Porter

Oct 21, 2009, 8:06:47 AM10/21/09
If the user's profile was migrated from SBS 2000 to SBS the 2003, the Home
Folder may be mapped to drive Z. If the user was created new on the SBS
2003, no drive mapping is created. Drive mapping is not part of the
SBS_Login_Script, rather it is a function of the setting in the Profile tab:

Server Management | Users | <rt. click a user> | Properties | Profile | Home
Folder | Connect

Change the mapping to Y:

BTW... your English is just fine. :-)

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]

Oct 21, 2009, 11:00:46 AM10/21/09
I still map Z that way for all my users as I create accounts. IMO when
you're working on a client PC, it's super handy to have a network location
to park stuff temporarily for backup or to copy it to another PC. A couple
of power users like it themselves, but I use it all the time.

"Merv Porter" <mwport@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message