Re: Name change not showing up in Global Address list

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Mar 28, 2007, 2:11:00 PM3/28/07
T.J. <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I deployed SBS 2003 R2 into our company this past Monday. When
> creating users I mispelled the last name for one. Today she noticed
> that her last name was mispelled. Within the server managment
> console I have renamed the user in the manage users section, but it
> only changed the name & not her email addresses. I went into
> properties and changed every reference to the wrong email address and
> deleted the references to the wrong email address in the all of the
> tabs. In addition I went to the active directory section, selected
> the user and made sure all of the changes were made. When I went to
> the POP3 connetor manager I could see that her exchange box was not
> listed so I changed it to the proper box.
>
> Everything else seems to have been updated, but her name is still
> mispelled on all clients when they select her name from the global
> address list. Viewing the properties shows her old (incorrect) email
> address in the smpt section.
>
> Her name is spelled correctly when I displayed the global address
> list that I could find in exchange.
>
> Is this something that takes time for active directory to propagate
> to the clients?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it takes time.
Force an offline address book update in Exchange System Manager (right-click
on it / rebuild) and tell all your cached-mode clients to re-download the
address book (tools | send/receive settings | download address book).

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Mar 28, 2007, 3:29:16 PM3/28/07
T.J. <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Lanwench,
> Thank you very much for your quick reply. I am having problems with
> your suggestion. I don't see the rebuild option when I right click.
> When I am at Exchange, Recipients, All Global Address Lists, My
> options are : New, view, refresh... If I select the Default Global
> Address List I can view the updated address in the preview. Should I
> delete the default global address list and create a new one? I tried
> downloading the address list and the old name is still listed.

Look for the Offline Address Lists / default offline address list under
Recipients.

Or, wait. Or, reboot the server. :)

T.J.

Mar 28, 2007, 3:54:01 PM3/28/07