Printbrm Restore Job Is Very Slow

Phil

Sep 7, 2009, 8:17:19 AM9/7/09
We tried to restore a backupfile of a server 2008 print server with
the printbrm command line tool. The size of the backupfile was 400MB
and contained approx 500 print queues.
The restore was locally, not over the network (means, the backupfile
was first copied to the server).
A lot of the printer-queues use the HP Universal Print driver.

The whole restore job took 10 hours which is too long!
I googled for a solution but didn't find anything.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Phil

Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]

Sep 7, 2009, 8:28:32 AM9/7/09
Hello Phil,

According to:
"Estimated duration
The time required to migrate a print server will vary from server to server,
depending on the following:

The number of queues being migrated.

The number of individual drivers needed for the queue.

The size of a given driver, in terms of its file size and the number of files.

The configuration of the server.

Migrating a single printer queue with a typical x86-based and x64-based driver
can range from five seconds to several minutes, depending on the factors
listed above. Because of this range, a typical migration can take anywhere
from less than an hour to several hours.
"

from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd379488(WS.10).aspx

this can happen.

Best regards