DNS Scavenging with Server 2008 r2

ttro...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2013, 7:09:28 PM1/30/13
I've been following the Scavenging posts and have a quesiton that maybe someone can answer. How do you handle static IPs/DHCP reservations - regarding scanvenging? Would you turn it off for these entries and if so, how can you do this? Thanks.

Mike

Jan 31, 2013, 3:34:42 PM1/31/13
On 2013-01-31, ttro...@gmail.com <ttro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been following the Scavenging posts and have a quesiton that maybe someone can answer. How do you handle static IPs/DHCP reservations - regarding scanvenging? Would you turn it off for these entries and if so, how can you do this? Thanks.

Seems like I turn on scavenging all the time, yet the best practices scanner reports scavenging is not turned on.

Mike