Dns Text record Multiple lines via WMI

giovann...@perceptivesoftware.com

Oct 11, 2013, 1:42:31 PM10/11/13
I am trying to create via .net wmi a text record to match one I have created via the DNSCMD tool.

example dnscmd:
dnscmd %computername% /recordadd %domain% queue._ipp._tcp TXT "qtotal=1" "txtvers=1"

There is a space between "qtotal=1" "textvers=1" in the dns command call.

however in the dns server the text record shows up like:

qtotal=1,txtvers=1

but when you double click the record you get:
qtotal=1
txtvers=1

again, I am trying to duplicate this record via wmi in .net

I tried to use createinstancefrompropertydata method of text record, however nothing I passed for descriptivetext:

"qtotal=1\r\ntxtvers=1"
"qtotal=1"+Environment.newline+"txtvers=1"
"\"qtotal=1\" \"txtvers=1\""

seemed to duplicate the output I saw with dnscmd. Has anybody ran into this before?

agu...@bluetonemedia.com

Jul 25, 2016, 10:25:39 AM7/25/16
Yeah man, it seems it's little of us experiencing the issue.
There is nothing out there that explains how to approach this.
Via WMI only ONE LINE seems possible, for TXT records.
Where you ever able to find a solution to this ?