IIS 8 on Windows 2012 Failover cluster: Can't get it working!

meetabh...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 5:39:16 AM3/25/15
Hello,

I followed all the steps given in the article, Configuring IIS 7.0 or later World Wide Web Publishing Service in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 failover cluster (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/970759?wa=wsignin1.0). I also referred this article (https://zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/how-to-configure-iis-web-site-and-application-pool-in-microsoft-failover-cluster/).

There are 2 nodes (N1 & N2) both running Windows Server 2012 R2. Two nodes are running in Virtual machines. Host machine is also Windows Server 2012 R2. IIS 8 is installed on both nodes. DataKeeper software is intalled & configured to shared disk usage. On this shared disk, I have installed web pages. IIS is configured in shared configuration. N1 node is primary. I guess everything is setup properly and as described in article.

and yet, w3svc service doesn't failover from N1 to N2 or vice versa. I recheck IIS configuration, IIS is configured correctly. I copied high availability generic scripts to %windir%\inetsrv\config folder. I don't know what the issue is, w3svc service simply automatically start on failover. It just stays in 'Starting' state. However, I am able to start, stop w3svc from command line.
Event log or cluster.log doesn't give much information.

This setup works fine under Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 it doesn't. What could possibly be issue here.

Please suggest.

ban...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2015, 1:09:07 AM4/10/15
Hi....
I sow for your article. i have problem the same.
did you solved the problem? then, let me know

2015년 3월 25일 수요일 오후 6시 39분 16초 UTC+9, meetabh...@gmail.com 님의 말:

sarah...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2018, 11:34:40 AM4/12/18
hi , i have the same problem , i was wondering if you've solved the problem , i would be really happy if you can help me