Powershell Opens new command window?

Tom

Sep 25, 2017, 1:05:13 PM9/25/17
Greetings,

I've gotten my machine into a strange strange state and not sure how to correct this. If I type "more <file>" or "systeminfo" a Windows Command prompt opens and the command is run then close the window. How do I tell Powershell to run in the current window without opening a new window? I'm running 2.0 on Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Tom

MaxW

Sep 26, 2017, 10:15:05 AM9/26/17
Tom,

I'm not experiencing that behavior on either Windows 10 or Windows 7 (although both have PS 5, not 2). Maybe try preceding your commands with an ampersand ('&')?

Tom

Sep 27, 2017, 1:08:26 PM9/27/17
Thanks, unfortunately that didn't work. I'm wondering if it's the anti-virus program that's causing the problem....