PowerShell Scripting Contest - 2 weeks left

0 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Jeffrey Snover [MSFT]

ongelezen,
1 dec. 2006 09:55:1701-12-2006
aan
You still have an opportunity to step into the winners circle by submitting
your PowerShell Scripts to our Scripting contest. Your entry has to
submitted by Dec 15, 2006 to be eligible to win.

We all techies so let's do the math -

1.. We are giving lots of prizes
1.. First prize is a 3 day, 2 night trip to Redmond to meet the Windows
PowerShell team
2.. 12 Microsoft XBox 360 Core gaming systems
3.. 36 copies of PowerGadgets (Drool Drool)
4.. 36 copies of the book Windows PowerShell: TFM
5.. 24 copeis of PrimalScript 4.1 for Windows PowerShell
6.. 36 Windows PowerShell T-Shirts
2.. PowerShell just shipped so a ton of people are just starting to learn
it
3.. Lots of people don't enter contests
Conclusion: If you submit a few scripts, you stand a good chance of winning
(no promises but you do the math :-) ). If you can pipe GET-PROCESS to
WHERE {$_.HANDLES -GE 500}, you should be submitting your scripts (ok so you
probably won't with with that one since I submitted it about 3 seconds after
the contest started, but you get the idea).

Check out all the details here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/winpsh/contest/default.mspx

If there is any difference between the data at that website and my blog
entry - trust the website.

Cheers!

--
Jeffrey Snover [MSFT]
Windows PowerShell Architect

Rob Kenny

ongelezen,
1 dec. 2006 12:49:1801-12-2006
aan
Jeffrey Snover [MSFT] wrote:
> You still have an opportunity to step into the winners circle by
> submitting your PowerShell Scripts to our Scripting contest. Your entry
> has to submitted by Dec 15, 2006 to be eligible to win.
>
> We all techies so let's do the math -
>
> 1.. We are giving lots of prizes
> 1.. First prize is a 3 day, 2 night trip to Redmond to meet the
> Windows PowerShell team
> 2.. 12 Microsoft XBox 360 Core gaming systems
> 3.. 36 copies of PowerGadgets (Drool Drool)
> 4.. 36 copies of the book Windows PowerShell: TFM
> 5.. 24 copeis of PrimalScript 4.1 for Windows PowerShell
> 6.. 36 Windows PowerShell T-Shirts
> 2.. PowerShell just shipped so a ton of people are just starting to
> learn it
> 3.. Lots of people don't enter contests
> Conclusion: If you submit a few scripts, you stand a good chance of
> winning (no promises but you do the math :-) ). If you can pipe
> GET-PROCESS to WHERE {$_.HANDLES -GE 500}, you should be submitting your
> scripts (ok so you probably won't with with that one since I submitted
> it about 3 seconds after the contest started, but you get the idea).
>

> Check out all the details here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/winpsh/contest/default.mspx

Any chance of a competition that people outside the USA can enter?

Rob Kenny

Marco Shaw

ongelezen,
1 dec. 2006 15:49:0901-12-2006
aan
> Any chance of a competition that people outside the USA can enter?

Anyone can enter, but the prize is limited to something like $50US due to
export restrictions.

In other words, you can win a t-shirt or maybe the PS:TFM book...

Marco

Rob Kenny

ongelezen,
1 dec. 2006 16:29:3001-12-2006
aan
Not according to the T&C's :(

1. Eligibility / Entry Period:

This trade promotion is open only to professionals employed in the field
of technology who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the
District of Columbia. Employees of Microsoft, their affiliates,
subsidiaries, and anyone working on this product, project, or promotion,
and the advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family
members of each are not eligible. The sweepstakes opens on November 1,
2006, and ends on December 15, 2006 (“Entry Period”). Void where
prohibited by law.

Marco Shaw

ongelezen,
1 dec. 2006 17:21:0101-12-2006
aan
> Not according to the T&C's :(

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/winpsh/contest/default.mspx:

"...Note. For various legal reasons the big prizes are limited to US
residents only; sorry. However, anyone is eligible to win a T-shirt or a
book..."

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen