Restore default PowerShell settings

ebloch

Aug 3, 2010, 2:30:26 PM8/3/10
I'm giving a demo tomorrow to my colleagues, all of whom are
PowerShell newbies. Unfortunately, I've customized the display of
PowerShell to the point that I'm having trouble restoring it to the
original set of fonts and color scheme.

I've set the color and font through the console properties dialog.
(Yes, I know how to use $Host.UI.RawUI. In my short-sightedness, I
chose not to.) I've gone into HKCU\Console and deleted the PowerShell
settings (after backing up the key). That restores the font and
foreground color, but the background color remains black.

So, is there any other way to undo these customizations? If there's
some setting I can delete, then I can be confident that I'm showing my
colleagues PowerShell as it appears in its "rawest" form.

ernie b

Larry__Weiss

Aug 3, 2010, 4:01:56 PM8/3/10
Screen Text
Red 238
Green 237
Blue 240

Screen Background
Red 1
Green 36
Blue 86

Popup Text
Red 0
Green 128
Blue 128

Popup Background
Red 255
Green 255
Blue 255

ebloch

Aug 3, 2010, 6:01:51 PM8/3/10

What about other settings? Window size and position, etc?

Joe Morris

Aug 3, 2010, 8:32:38 PM8/3/10
"ebloch" <ebl...@phreaker.net> wrote:

Any chance you've set up a profile that's playing with the settings? Your
note didn't mention having checked that.

And while you've probably thought of it, don't forget to set the execution
policy back to its default value to help emphasize the security aspect of
POSH. (And turning off scripting will also block (with error messages)
execution of the profile if it exists.)

As a last resort, assuming you've got the privileges to do so, consider
creating a new userid with which to run the demo. It won't get you around
any global setting changes (don't forget to look for global profiles in
$pshome - on my 64win7 testbed there are *no* .ps1 files in that folder) but
if the UI tweaking is user-specific that might give you a clean start.

Joe Morris

Larry__Weiss

Aug 3, 2010, 10:26:15 PM8/3/10
On 8/3/2010 5:01 PM, ebloch wrote:
> What about other settings? Window size and position, etc?

Font: 8x12
Size: 80x25

"Let system position window" checked

Larry__Weiss