5G wlan

Je...@nospam.invalid

Dec 29, 2012, 5:59:36 PM12/29/12
I just purchased a Netgear dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR 3700) and it
works great. But none of my 2 laptops can see the 5G wlan. So I looked
at their device managers and under network adapters I see:

a) Atheros AR8161/8165 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet controller (NDIS 6.20)
b) Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

and

c)Intel(R) Eifi Link 1000 BGN
d)Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

Are these built in adapters not capable of seeing the 5G?
Do I need to do something to make them capable to do 5G?

Should I turn off the 5G router part since I cannot see the 5G boradcast?

Thanks, Jeff