deploy.akamaitechnologies.com bandwidth stealer

Cosmo

Jan 17, 2010, 3:53:01 AM1/17/10

I have noticed via a 'netstat -a' command that
'deploy.akamaitechnologies.com' is downloading something to my computer
everything time I connect to the Internet under the svchost.exe process. This
is without opening any Internet app like IE or Outlook and it is consuming
about 50% of my Internet bandwidth and causing my ISP monthly charges to be
higher than expected.

I have even turned off the Windows Update and anti virus file updates, but
it still occurs.

I have blocked this FQDN from my computer via Windows Firewall and also
tried Nortons 360, but it still gets through.

Googling 'deploy.akamaitechnologies.com' mentioned that some ISP's and
Microsoft sometimes uses this hosting company to assist with downloads. My
ISP informed me that they don't use them, so does anyone know if MS use it?

If so, how can I turn it off?

tecman

Feb 26, 2010, 11:48:01 PM2/26/10

sim...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2014, 8:27:59 PM1/9/14
write :

127.0.0.1 deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

in your Windows Hosts file-

had same Problem min ago on my Win SVR 2008R2:
svchost.exe 592 TCP ffc.ffc 49215 a2.18-52-24.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com http ESTABLISHED

best regards Simon