Server Error 0x800488e7

Neil Turkenkopf

Aug 24, 2015, 3:31:07 PM8/24/15
Hi folks,

Even though I just posted that WLM still works
in Windows 10, I am having another issue.

I can send & receive perfectly with my
default "Comcast" account, but I'm getting
a Server Error Message for my "Live" account.

It's "0x800488e7" with the following:
"Sever:HTTPS://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx"

I've typed in my Username & Password a million times,
but it never 'sticks' and I don't understand the error message.

As always, any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

--
Neil ━D

. . .winston

Aug 24, 2015, 5:23:29 PM8/24/15
Look at your account at Outlook.com
- does it say "Preview" anywhere ?

--
...winston
msft mvp windows experience

VanguardLH

Aug 24, 2015, 10:10:04 PM8/24/15
winston wrote:

> Neil Turkenkopf wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a Server Error Message for my "Live" account. It's
>> "0x800488e7" with the following:
>>
>> "Sever:HTTPS://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx"
>
> Look at your account at Outlook.com
> - does it say "Preview" anywhere ?

Outlook.com Preview ceased over 2 years ago (18 Feb 2013). Is Microsoft
pushing yet another "phase" of Outlook.com with more changes?

Has Deltasync support (at the servers) been phased out (discontinued) as
Microsoft moves to EAS (Exchange ActiveSync)? If not yet, when? They
dropped WeDAV. I recall reading Deltasync is dead or soon will be.

Neil Turkenkopf

Aug 24, 2015, 10:57:34 PM8/24/15
". . .winston" wrote in message news:mrg1t7$vc6$1...@dont-email.me...

Neil Turkenkopf wrote on 08/24/2015 3:31 PM:
> Hi folks,
>
> Even though I just posted that WLM still works
> in Windows 10, I am having another issue.
>
> I can send & receive perfectly with my
> default "Comcast" account, but I'm getting
> a Server Error Message for my "Live" account.
>
> It's "0x800488e7" with the following:
> "Sever:HTTPS://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx"
>
> I've typed in my Username & Password a million times,
> but it never 'sticks' and I don't understand the error message.
>
> As always, any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

>Look at your account at Outlook.com
> - does it say "Preview" anywhere ?
>

>--
> ...winston
>msft mvp windows experience

Hi Winston!
I've never even been to Outlook.com much less
having an account there, but I filled in the info
they asked for and I'll see if it works now.

(Oh, and I didn't see "Preview" anywhere.)

Thanks as always,
--
Neil ¦¬D

Ildhund

Sep 1, 2015, 4:28:48 AM9/1/15
VanguardLH wrote ...

> Is Microsoft pushing yet another "phase" of Outlook.com with more changes?

Yes. It's called Outlook Mail (Preview), or sometimes Outlook on the Web. It was announced back in May:
http://blogs.office.com/2015/05/21/new-ways-to-get-more-done-in-outlook-com/
There's a bit more flesh on these pages:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Welcome-to-Outlook-on-the-web-28bac523-cc12-4b52-b13c-4436cd181edc

> I recall reading Deltasync is dead or soon will be.

Outlook Mail isn't provisioned for DeltaSync, so upgraded accounts will have to use IMAP to synchronize mail folders unless an update appears for the client. Contacts and calendar don't synchronize at all at the moment.
--
Noel

. . .winston

Sep 1, 2015, 12:47:19 PM9/1/15
Didn't call it Outlook.com Preview, but asked if logging on to
Outlook.com showed 'Preview'

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlookcom/first-look-outlook-com-on-office-365/

VanguardLH

Sep 1, 2015, 7:51:41 PM9/1/15
Ildhund wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> I recall reading Deltasync is dead or soon will be.
>
> Outlook Mail isn't provisioned for DeltaSync, so upgraded accounts
> will have to use IMAP to synchronize mail folders unless an update
> appears for the client. Contacts and calendar don't synchronize at
> all at the moment.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlookcom/first-look-outlook-com-on-office-365/
"When your account is migrated [from Outlook.com to Outlook Mail],
you'll need to remove the account from Outlook and add it back to your
profile as an Exchange account."

So Deltasync is out and replaced with EAS (with POP and IMAP still
usable, for now).

"Basically, everything that Outlook 2013 EAS users complained about is
fixed by the switch to Office 365."

Uh uh. One deficiency of EAS is that you cannot set the reminder
interval when configuring a calendar event. You may set 10 minutes or 2
days or whatever but instead you get 1 hour in the event defined in your
online account. EAS didn't handle defining the reminder period so you
got the default when new events are created online: 1 hour. Unless "the
switch to Office 365" also introduces a new version of EAS, "some things
that Outlook 2013 EAS users complained about" will still be a problem.