WLM: "Message Cannot Be Found" Error

Monica

Dec 10, 2011, 4:04:50 AM12/10/11
The contents of this message cannot be found.

I get this semi often. Maybe once in a year with OE6. A few times a week
with WLM. Can anyone help me determine what might be the problem? I'm not
aware of anything I could be doing wrong. I've yet to be able to recreate
the problem.

Thanks
Monica
Windows 7

...winston

Dec 10, 2011, 6:25:40 AM12/10/11
Usually an indication of divergence in the message store (the index of
messages - like a table of contents) vs. a message no longer being present.
Open WLM in mail mode (do not access contacts, calendar, feeds or
newsgroups)
Perform a compact by setting the counter to 1 (WLM
button/Options/Mail/Advanced Maintenance)
On the Home Tab - click Work Offline
Exit WLM (do not exit using the red X)...Exit via the WLM button/Exit

Once WLM closes it will compact the database and rebuild the index. (Do Not
Interrupt)
Open WLM in Mail mode, go back Online.

Fyi...the prompt you see (contents of message cannot be found) can be caused
by any of the following:
1. An AV client scanning incoming and outgoing messages (mail and news)
2. Shutting down/closing WLM while its polling for messages (user initiated,
configured by time-every x minutes, or auto polling-about once per hour it
will poll all email accounts regardless of user settings
3. User aborting the compact process
4. Loss of connectivity (internet connection failing)
5. User shutting down WLM while its building/rebuilding its index.
6. End task on WLM via Task Manager (while WLM is still a background
process)

...winston