Re: errorcode: 0x800CCC79"

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

Mar 29, 2005, 9:18:41 AM3/29/05
"Kathrine" <Kath...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2678A045-81A8-46D5...@microsoft.com
> I get this error msg when i try to send emails:
>
> "Meldingen kan ikke sendes fordi en av mottakerne bla avvist av serveren.
> Den avviste e-postadressen er kathrine@*****.com. Emne 'testmail', Konto:
> 'Molsy', Server: 'smtp.online.no', Protokoll: SMTP, Svar fra server: '553
> 5.3.0 <kathrine@*****.com>... We do not relay from 80.202.215.242', Port:
> 25,
> Sikker (SSL): Nei, Serverfeil: 553, Feilkode: 0x800CCC79"

Are you connected to the ISP whose SMTP server you are trying to use?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Kathrine

Mar 29, 2005, 9:31:03 AM3/29/05
Thank you for your response.

No I am not. Do I need to be? How can I solve it?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

Mar 29, 2005, 5:29:01 PM3/29/05
Yes, you normally need to be connected to the ISP to use their SMTP server,
either because the one you are connected to blocks port 25 or because the
one you're trying to use won't accept the messages if you are not connected
to them. The same problem is generally not experienced with receiving mail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com