Trouble transferring messages to a new computer

lbirmingham

Dec 14, 2004, 10:07:02 PM12/14/04
Using Outlook 6. When I try exporting messages I get "an error occured while
initalizing MAPI".

When I tried importing messages copied into another folder I get "No
messages found in this folder or another application is running....".

These are files that were copied to a CD-Rom and then copied onto the
computer. The "Read Only" box is not checked. However I can not copy the
"Folders.dbx" file to CD.

I can save each message individually and transfer but there are quite a lot
of messages that I need to transfer so I would like to do this as painlessly
as possible.

Appreciate any help.

Linda Birmingham

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Dec 15, 2004, 5:26:08 PM12/15/04
"lbirmingham" <lbirm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

OE only exports to an installed Outlook or other Exchange program. See
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com