Re: DANGER VIRUS ATTACHED - Look at corrective pack that came from Microsoft Corporation

1 view

Delboy

Aug 24, 2005, 7:42:04 PM8/24/05
Danger This posting contains I-Worm/Swen.A virus detected by AVG

--
Delboy

A common mistake that people made when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams

PA Bear

Aug 24, 2005, 8:22:54 PM8/24/05
Not in WinXP SP2 with KB900930 installed, Delboy! <VBEG>
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Steve Cochran

Aug 25, 2005, 9:06:18 AM8/25/05
Microsoft does not send out email to people with patches.  See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1

steve

Delboy

Aug 25, 2005, 9:46:07 AM8/25/05
Hi all respondents

I am running WinME, so PA Bear's comments will not apply to me :-)

I realise, Steve that MS do not email patches, but this has been "spammed" to many MS newsgroups. My only intention was to warn others of the attached virus.

I understand that Marvin Schrebe (if this is his real name and addy) can be reported and possibly "banned" by forwarding this post to a "moderator" address for further action. Will anybody who knows more about this please report this virus spreading a*****e