Default Search Engine

Keith

Dec 27, 2004, 3:53:45 AM12/27/04
I installed 'My Way' a while ago and I think it has changed most of my IE
settings, mainly the default Search Engine which used to be MSN but is now a
weird thing that gives me almost no results. I have tried for weeks to
revert back to the default MSN search engine but can't. I have downloaded
the new MSN toolbar with improved search engine and ticked the box to set
this as the default but I still get the weird search engine whenever I type
anything into the address bar.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Keith

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Dec 27, 2004, 8:40:34 AM12/27/04
"Keith" <z...@DELETE.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Restore Search
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearch2.REG

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]

Jan 15, 2005, 6:11:28 PM1/15/05
Hi there Keith,

Try this patch:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearch2.REG

Usage: Double-click the file and answer and YES when prompted.

You may also try these steps:

* Click Start, run, type "inetcpl.cpl" (with out quotation marks) and click
OK.
* Click the Programs tab, click the "Reset Web Settings" button.
* Click Yes and click ok.

If none of the above works, you may scan your computer using the award
winning Lavasoft Adaware software, please download from here (direct link):
http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:

1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
if available. and click Finish
3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
(Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
all objects')
6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.

HTH
Venkatesh