corrupted dbx file

gtw

Mar 18, 2002, 1:28:45 PM3/18/02
while downloading messages one of my folders must have
been corrupted. The .dbx file size shows there are
100MBytes of data...which is about right. But OE
shows "0" messages in the folder.

The failure instruction said to run "scan disk" to fix a
damaged file. I did this and several files were reported
repaired

I have tried compacting the folder with no change.

Any ideas of how to get the messages out of that corrupted
file? Is there any other "repair" file tool for OE? or
any way to open a dbx file and edit it? or extract some of
the data?

Tom Koch

Mar 18, 2002, 2:00:58 PM3/18/02
Try using DBXtract to extract individual *.eml files. You can then
delete the folder in OE, compact all folders, create a new folder in OE,
and drag the *.eml's into that.
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtract.htm

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP

"gtw" <g...@gtwassociates.com> wrote in message

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE

Mar 18, 2002, 2:28:33 PM3/18/02
Try DBXtract:

DBXtract (free): http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtract.htm

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup. I don't answer email.

Ralph L. Bell

Mar 18, 2002, 3:59:10 PM3/18/02
Yep, click on the following link and use the information contained therein to solve your problem. Worked great for me.

Ralph

ariae...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 6:53:05 AM4/25/14
DBX Repair tool is ample to fix or repair corrupted DBX files; it is very simple to apply on any Windows OS and effortlessly can resolve issue from files. Using Outlook Express Restore (DBX Recover) tool you trouble free can renovate as well as can open DBX files in healthy file format too. Download free trial app and get idea how to get messages out of corruption hassle free.

Follow it- http://oe-dbxrecovery.blogspot.com

I am follower of this DBX Recovery program so sharing with you, try it definitely you can access OE files further.

kayer.je...@gmail.com

May 4, 2016, 1:26:47 AM5/4/16
Advance Outlook Express Recovery which can to recover corrupted or deleted emails from damaged DBX and MBX files.It can easily recover or repair your corrupted DBX files and get back your all outlook express emails data such as Inbox Emails, Deleted Emails, Sent Item, Drafts etc.

See at- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/outlook-express-recovery.html