How to repair a DBX corrupt file

Socorro del Carmen Rosas

Sep 22, 2003, 10:11:47 AM9/22/03

How May I face or solve a problem about a DBX file corrupt
in my Personal Folders through Outlook Express v 6.0?

May you help me or give me a few steps, tips or ideas to
solve that situation. Let me explain you I'm not
available to open an email message under a specific folder
under my Personal Folder, the message is:
Message could not be displayed
Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while
displaying this message. Check your computer for low
memory or low disk space and try again.

May you support and heltp me about it please, I will
appreciate that very much in advanced.

Regards

DGuess

Sep 22, 2003, 12:29:24 PM9/22/03
First, try:
File | Work Offline
File | Folders | Compact All

If that fails, grab DBXtract
http://www.oehelp.com
Extract the messages from that folder, then create a new mail folder in OE.
drag and drop the extracted .eml file into that new mail folder.

Check to see that all the messages are extracted and if so, delete the
messages in the corrupted mail folder and then compact again. You may have
to manually delete the dbx file associated with that mail folder. Look in
Tools | Options | Maintenance tab and press the Store Folders button.
Note the location of the message stores (dbx file)
Close OE
Open Windows Explorer
Tools | Folder Options | Views tab
Select "Show all files"
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"
Click Apply then OK

Now navigate to the folder you found in the Mail Folders dialog. Locate the
DBX file associated with that folder an delete it then restart OE. If it
was one of the predefined mail folders, OE will recreate an empty one. If it
was a user created folder, you will have to open that folder in OE for the
dbx file to be created.

Before deleting, be sure you have all the messages out of it. If not,
instead of deleting, COPY the Folders.dbx and MOVE the dbx file associated
with that mail folder to a temp folder such as C:\Msgs to be used as a
backup of that folder that you may be able to import;
File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 | Import mail from an
OE6 store directory.
Press NEXT
Press the Browse button and navigate to the C:\Msgs folder.
Select it and then press OK
Finish up the import.

"Socorro del Carmen Rosas" <sro...@medpa.jnj.com> wrote in message

Aria

Apr 25, 2014, 6:40:00 AM4/25/14
You simply can resolve problem about a DBX file corrupt from Outlook Express, using sufficient Outlook Express Restore Software. I am advising for trying its free sample and get steps how to Repair a DBX corrupt file? I also tried this program and got satisfactory result that is why sharing with you-

http://oe-dbxrecovery.blogspot.com

jitendra singh

May 28, 2014, 5:39:46 AM5/28/14
Resolve your all outlook express dbx files error issue with dbx files rpair software. http://www.outlookexpressrecovery.repairdbx.org/