heres the link to ie6

6 views
Skip to first unread message

brian

unread,
Mar 16, 2001, 6:09:25 PM3/16/01
to

Alpha

unread,
Mar 17, 2001, 10:38:42 AM3/17/01
to
On 16 Mar 2001 23:09:25 GMT, newsg...@briankass.com (brian) wrote:

>http://www.bink.nu/ie6.htm

Does that one really work huh?

- Alpha

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 17, 2001, 6:15:37 PM3/17/01
to
Change your email address Alpha.

You have no legal right to suggest a connection with the @microsoft.com domain.

--
Posted via news://msnews.microsoft.com
Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
________________________________________
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm


"Alpha" <nob...@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e317btgu6a4hnk6rm...@4ax.com...

Al Darby

unread,
Mar 17, 2001, 8:12:44 PM3/17/01
to
True, but he definitely is a "nobody" :o)

--
Al

"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uGDnagzrAHA.1724@tkmsftngp05...

Alpha

unread,
Mar 17, 2001, 10:02:02 PM3/17/01
to
nobody at microsoft.com does NOT suggest a connection with the @microsoft.com
domain at all. If it were some connection then it had to be "somebody" at
least...

It just can't be misunderstood by anybody.
Of course, I only use this email address only for debugging OE, and therefore
actually are doing a free job for Microsoft.

Fact 1: *You* have no legal right to deny me using @microsoft.com as long as I
what I do is work for Microsoft. And they don't mind as long as it's "nobody"
and (of course) not used for anything else than helping developing a better
microsoft product.

Fact 2: Legal rights in Norway is not valid for your country. So there...

- Alpha


"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:uGDnagzrAHA.1724@tkmsftngp05...

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 17, 2001, 10:24:47 PM3/17/01
to
Absolute rubbish.

MVPs do MUCH more for Microsoft than you would ever do, and they certainly would never use a fake @microsoft.com address.

The only people permitted to use a registered domain name (and yes Alpha, its a world-wide registration before you start on about your country so my statements do apply) are legally recognised employees of Microsoft, and guess what ... you're NOT an employee.


--
Posted via news://msnews.microsoft.com
Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
________________________________________
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> wrote in message news:O7o0Yf1rAHA.504@tkmsftngp05...

Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:06:42 AM3/18/01
to
Most MVP like you do pratically nothing compared to me. Not a SINGLE ONE of them
has even even *tried* to make a summary of the most important wishes, and
yourself you have nothing to show us but a homepage which looks nothing but
garbage, and some of the worst I've seen of any of the MVP's.

Right, I'm not an employee. I own a part of the company instead (shareholder),
and the work I do here is for one single reason: Make a better OE product.
And about permission - US laws is not relevant for my country. We do not have
the same laws here. As long as I write blah...@microsoft.com, and blahblah is
not any user (like "nobody/somebody" etc...) , there is no laws agains using it
in this country. Simple as that. Don't even try to argue about this, because you
don't know the laws in this country.

"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:OHyJpr1rAHA.1912@tkmsftngp04...

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:15:39 AM3/18/01
to
"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> wrote in message news:OvHalG3rAHA.1472@tkmsftngp03...

> Most MVP like you do pratically nothing compared to me. Not a SINGLE ONE of them

> has even even *tried* to make a summary of the most important wishes.

We have no need to. Mr Moreno has put together an excellent list, together with appropriate credits.

Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:29:43 AM3/18/01
to
The list is NOT excellent as a report, because it is not tested, not discussed,
not compared, not verified, not integrated with other wishes, not pasted content
(makes hell to find what it is about). The list has a lot of not-important
stuff, and the original articles has almost never a solution for the problems
(like line-breaking). My article is the *only* report which gives the complete
solution of line-breaking.

This list is not a wish list but a credit list and therefore can't be compared
with my list which is NOT a credit list but a wishlist. It's not about the same
topic at all.

Seems you think who wrote what is more imporant than WHAT they wrote, but you
are wrong again.

- Alpha

"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:OSu9JL3rAHA.684@tkmsftngp03...

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:37:11 AM3/18/01
to
"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> wrote in message news:OO5CcT3rAHA.1368@tkmsftngp05...

> Seems you think who wrote what is more imporant than WHAT they wrote, but you
> are wrong again.


No, they are equally important.

Al Darby

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:51:15 AM3/18/01
to
I wonder why he ("nobody") seems to think that making a list is more
important than actually noting the problem and documenting the
circumstances leading to it.

Like you, I think John's post is more relevant, in that it reflects the
wishes and efforts of individuals within this NG and not those of some
self-serving praise seeker.

Well at least we had a week or so of relative peace, whilst he was off
doing whatever trolls do in their spare time.

--
Al

"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:OiBrJX3rAHA.1472@tkmsftngp03...

Mike M

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:29:57 PM3/18/01
to
Based on your postings to this NG all you have ever shown yourself to be is
a total waste of space. I doubt that you even understand the meaning of the
word "help" let alone ever having actually helped anyone.

Your latest post shows you to be not only a waste of space but also totally
stupid as well.
--
Mike Maltby
mi...@mcmaltby.fsnet.co.uk


"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> dumped yet another load of dung in the NG.


Mike M

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 1:31:27 PM3/18/01
to
> I wonder why he ("nobody") seems to think that making a list is more

Lack of a brain perhaps? Or at least the inability to use what little brain
"it" might possess.
--
Mike Maltby
mi...@mcmaltby.fsnet.co.uk


"Al Darby" <A...@eagle.com.au> wrote ...

J.B. Moreno

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 5:53:31 PM3/18/01
to
Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:

> The list is NOT excellent as a report, because it is not tested, not
> discussed, not compared, not verified, not integrated with other wishes,
> not pasted content (makes hell to find what it is about).

My list is a list of wishes posted to this group, nothing more and
nothing less -- the articles in question are all still available on MS's
server, set it as your default server and the articles ought to just pop
right up.

> The list has a lot of not-important stuff, and the original articles has
> almost never a solution for the problems (like line-breaking). My article
> is the *only* report which gives the complete solution of line-breaking.

MS's /knows/ the solution(s) to the line breaking problem. I imagine
they know the solution to most of the wishes, the question is whether or
not they'll implement it.

> This list is not a wish list but a credit list and therefore can't be
> compared with my list which is NOT a credit list but a wishlist. It's not
> about the same topic at all.

Your page is *your* wish list, my page is the wishes posted to this
group, some of which are yours and some of which aren't.

> Seems you think who wrote what is more imporant than WHAT they wrote, but
> you are wrong again.

I state whether it is a bug or a feature (IMO), a brief description of
the problem (again IMO) and give a link to the original article -- and
at least on my machine, it always pops up the correct article. Does it
not do so for you?

I didn't use the <news://msnews.microsoft.com/mid> format because not
all newsreaders support it, but it shouldn't be too hard for anyone that
wants to to see the original articles to do so.

BTW, if you've only seen the article and not the web page, the web page
is more up-to-date: <http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html>.

(PS, has anyone linked to the above page?)

--
JBM

Al Darby

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 6:26:55 PM3/18/01
to
John,

Thanks for taking the trouble to "reformat" the page to eliminate
horizonal scrolling, makes it much easier to read.

Were I you, I'd just ignore "nobody", as he's just a spoiler. Don't
waste the energy, you'll never get a reasonable response, he just wants
to argue and push his point of view.

I haven't linked to it, but I have it saved for reference and to give to
anyone who asks.

Again, thanks for your efforts in bringing the wishes of this group into
a single document, with appropriate approbation.

--
Al

"J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message
news:1eqh738.5kqpipmutp31N%pl...@newsreaders.com...
| Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:
<snip>

Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 10:14:23 PM3/18/01
to
"J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message
news:1eqh738.5kqpipmutp31N%pl...@newsreaders.com...
> Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:

> MS's /knows/ the solution(s) to the line breaking problem. I imagine

Yep, after I told them. Else they would have done it long ago. Line breaking is
not a simple task to make perfect. My suggestions solves both format=flowed and
not format=flowed (see http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/, report 55). Even
Eudora does not do all this.

> > This list is not a wish list but a credit list and therefore can't be
> > compared with my list which is NOT a credit list but a wishlist. It's not
> > about the same topic at all.
>
> Your page is *your* wish list, my page is the wishes posted to this

Yes, it's mine, but I don't take credit for making everything on my own. I've
collected a lot wishes from all OE groups, but only the most important.

> I state whether it is a bug or a feature (IMO), a brief description of
> the problem (again IMO) and give a link to the original article -- and
> at least on my machine, it always pops up the correct article. Does it
> not do so for you?

Nope it does not. I tries to send email instead.

> I didn't use the <news://msnews.microsoft.com/mid> format because not
> all newsreaders support it, but it shouldn't be too hard for anyone that
> wants to to see the original articles to do so.

That may be the problem.

> BTW, if you've only seen the article and not the web page, the web page
> is more up-to-date: <http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html>.
>
> (PS, has anyone linked to the above page?)

Yep. There is a link from http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/
Maybe you could set up a link to that page?

- Alpha

Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 10:56:32 PM3/18/01
to
"J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message
news:1eqh738.5kqpipmutp31N%pl...@newsreaders.com...
> Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:

>I imagine
> they know the solution to most of the wishes, the question is whether or
> not they'll implement it.

The solution usually are pretty easy, but sometimes it's tricky. In cases it's
tricky I've made the solution based on how Eudora or Forte Agent handles it or
used months to discuss and develop the best possible solution myself.

> Your page is *your* wish list, my page is the wishes posted to this
> group, some of which are yours and some of which aren't.

You would have a *lot* work to do if I did a copy/paste of my page and posted to
this group :D
Personally I think it's much better to have a link to it. Then I save you for
hours works. Do you agree?

- Alpha

Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 11:17:12 PM3/18/01
to
Anyway, here it is in case you prefer to have it posted to the group and added
to your list.

Copy from: http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/ (please read this page because in
this post the numbers of the reports are not included, so it's impossible to
understand the connections and references from one report to another)

a.. Preview window: Add Open link in *new* window (right click option). Eudora
has this.


b.. Ctrl-f should be function for finding text in current window (preview
windows, windows with subject, from name list etc... both for mail and news).
It's stupid using this ctrl-f for forward. How often do we need forward compared
with find text? After all forward has it's own button, and ctrl-f means find
text in Internet Explorer.


c.. Filters: Add "Where the OUTGOING message is from the specified account". (to
save outgoing other place than sent items. The options without "outgoing" here
does not work with outgoing messages). Eudora has this possibility.


d.. Add send again (rightclick menu) for sent mail. Eudora has this.


e.. When include message on reply using html and indent, remove the | vertical
thick line when pressing return and add one empty line before and after within
the reply field like Eudora does. The automatic | before must be a bug. Anyway,
this works in Eudora, but not OE 5

| Somebody
| else
| wrote
| this

| Somebody

Here goes my reply after pressing return once!

| else
| wrote
| this


f.. Read mail and news from many accounts same time to save time waiting for
mail. Imagine one machine does not respond and you have to wait for that until
the next accounts are checked. Eudora does it!


g.. In preview or open mail, add mail address after From: and not only the name.
Name (bl...@blah.com) instead of only Name. Same with To: field doing reply.
Always add email address and not only name. User want to be sure this is correct
email address.


h.. Make folders blue for new mail, and change back to black when checking for
new messages next time. This means if some older messages is unread then keep
them bold black. This way it's possible to know which folder new mail is
filtered to when some older mail is still unread.


i.. Send/recv button button should have the same function as "synchronize all"
(not ask with any dialog box as synchronize newsgroup does), but limit the
operations to a), Only send news if "send news" is choosen. Synchronize always
force both, and that's sometimes bad. b) Only operate on mail (read or send)
when no news server og group choosen and only on news (read or send) when any
group or news server is choosen c) Only on all groups on selected server when
"All groups: <groups>" choosen or the specific selected group from the drag down
menu Send/Recv has for mail today. Examples:

Example: Send/Recv for mail:

Send and receive mail Ctrl+M
Send mail
Receive mail
bl...@blah.com
bl...@blah2.com

Example: Send/Recv for news:

Send and receive news Ctrl+M
Send news
Receive news
All groups: news.microsoft.com
microsoft.public.frontpage
microsoft.pulic.outlook
All groups: news.whatever.com
silly.newsgroup
another.silly.newsgroup

This procedure is much faster and more useful, because user don't need to read
when only want to send vice versa. In addition user don't need to go to the
newsgroup first, then choose synchronize newsgroup and then pressing ok for the
dialog box for default setting, but only choose the group from the drag down
menu for Send/Recv button in case of synchronize newsgroup.

I tools add "Synchronize all mail" when not choosing any news server or news
group, and "Synchronize all news" when choosing news server or newsgroup. It's
confusing and hard to understand always force mixing mail and news functions
together in one operation if users don't want it.


j.. Synchronization default should be "Headers only" and not "New messages
only", because not many want to download more than headers.


k.. Add View/"show details" both for mail and news. Let key d (or h) do the
same. Right click and properties takes too long time. Image you want to forward
the mail with all header information. Forward function should forward with all
details in the mail/post if show details has been used for this mail/post. This
function should only operate once, and automatically be deactivated for next
mail or news, because usually user don't want to see details.


l.. Virus warning should not only write about "not trusted persons", but also
give warnings about not expected attachments and the fact that a virus could
send from the account of trusted persons automatically if this account is
infected.


m.. Add send later button in window for sending mail or post. This makes things
more easy. Forte Agent has this


n.. Add key <w> for watch thread and <i> for ignore (faster than pressing mouse
buttons). Forte Agent has this


o.. Mark only (and all) new postings (since last download of new headers) in
watched thread red, and mark group or thread (before expanded) red only if there
exists such new postings. Next time downloading headers make all old black even
if some of this messages have not been read. This way users may see what group
to read quicly, instead of checking out watched threads each time there is
something news in the group in the case user has not read all new postings in
the group since last time. Today user is forced to read all in watched threads
(or rightclick every single watched thread with undread and mark all read) to
make the red color in the newsgroup go away. This is nothing but silly, because
user always know if some group or thread has watched items by the sign at the
left side, but not if there is any new messages. Do not mark group or thread red
only because it is being watched.

A good idea may be to use color blue instead of red or black for new messages
which is a followup directly to the user of the client even if the thread is not
watched, and turn the group or thread (before expanded) blue. This means blue
has higher priority than red color because "blue is new message(s) for you" and
"red is new message(s) in your thread" . See report 8 for mail.


p.. On larger (more newsgroups) news-servers than news.microsoft.com, there is a
damn long disk read process when selecting newsserver or switching between
newsgroup. OE should never read the entire newsgroup list unless user want to
add/delete some groups or refresh the group list to update it or "Notify if
there are any new newsgroups" is set on in Options/General (this should not be
the default). In case this notify is set the entire newsgroup list should only
be read and new newsgroups checked once a day. Forte Agent is at least 100 times
faster. See http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5/problems/slownews.htm for more
technical info about this problem.


q.. Add option for not automatically download headers when entering group. Forte
Agent has this.


r.. Bug in mail: To: us...@address1.com us...@adress2.com does not work because
it's only a space between the addresses. For news space works fine. Please let
this work for both space and ",".


s.. Do not try to send all unsent mails or posting when pressing send in edit
windows for new mail or posting because this means trouble if using different
accounts and logging into one to send a message and OE tries send all the others
in the queue too resulting in errors. Unsent should only be sent when pressing
Send/Recv button and not Send button!. Only mail should be sent when not
choosing any news servers or groups, and only news should be sent when news
server or groups choosen using this button. Eudora and Forte Agent does not have
such bad function to send all when want to send only one


t.. Add option for another window setup with only messages to right side like
this: Click here for example from Forte Agent. Each window should be possible to
configure for using different fonts. Forte Agent has this


u.. When displaying new headers (for example after entering the group or
pressing header button) and before selecting any posting, sorting the opposite
direction (after date etc..) doesn't scroll to the opposite end of the windows.
For mail this function works fine, but not for news. If anybody want it to work
like today, add that as an option. Nearly all users by default want to see the
newest postings first, like mail operates.


v.. Add possibility to show number of postings in each thread with [number] in
front of subject (See example from Forte Agent above how this works).


w.. When unsubscribe from a group, ask if headers and message bodies should be
deleted for this group. Forte Agent has this.


x.. "there are new groups" window should have a button for "don't show this
message again".


y.. When reading a newsgroup first time by joining, then use a function for
bringing up a dialog box to ask how many headers to be downloaded, or "all" if
this selected (<Get n headers at a time> settings in tools/options should be
ignored). The dialog box should display number of headers at the server. In
tools/options there may be some option after <Get n headers at a time> O "Ask
first time", which by default should be switched on. This function makes things
a lot more easy than to change the settings for every new groups joined. Btw.
"Get <n> headers at a time" in tools/option should have no limit. Image you want
to download 5000 first headers in a group with 20000. Forte Agent has this first
time reading from group function as default.


z.. Add possibility to delete single or all selected news header (and message if
downloaded) which also includes delete on search results. This works for email,
so why not for news? Delete button and possibility to drag to Deletet Items
should work for both. This makes it very easy to clean up old headers and free
disk space. Add keep message function (with lock symbol), to be sure important
postings are impossible to delete before lock is removed. Doing delete on a
group of postings ignores the locked ones and deletes the rest. Forte Agent has
all this functions.


aa.. Using ctrl+shift+f and clicking (once - no need to open) on one message or
post found searching, this message should automatically be displayed in the
preview window. It's very difficult to open each message if a lot is found to
see which one is the right, and impossible to find where it originally was (what
thread etc..) without showing it in preview. Forte Agent has this.


ab.. The help text for "synchronize all" at bottom of windows should be changed
to what this functions do as: "Download (for offline reading) all marked for
download, watched threads and everything synhronized for each group". Now it's
impossible to understand for new users (I've asked a lot, and nobody understood
what it did), and the help text for this function is really bad.


ac.. If user set OE to automatically disconnect after reading mail, this option
should only by default be activated when OE makes the dialup process. The
Send/Recv message box should still have the possibility to set it to disconnect
(even if OE has not done the connection), but this should *never* be default in
case OE has not made the dialup. It makes no sense uses makes the connection
without use of OE and then the default is to disconnect just by reading mail. If
user only want to read mail and nothing else, he/she triggers OE to make the
dialup connection and then of course it could by default be set to disconnect.
If some few users always want it to disconnect by default, add option for O
"Disconnect even if OE did not made the call".


ad.. The text and format of "<name> <email> wrote in message" with reply
postings should be possible to change. Forte Agent has this.


ae.. Change the text written in menu tools/options/send: "html format" to "plain
text and html" because OE sends both plain and html. There is no need for
sending only html because some people always want to read as plain (see 45):


af.. Add option for check each n minutes if there is any new mail, but only on
specified accounts and without downloading.


ag.. Bug: Try send later on a mail. Open the mail in Outbox (double click), and
delete the mail in OutBox. Then press Send, and user get "The message could not
be deleted", and mail editor window does not close, even if the mail is beeing
sent. If user press 10 times Send, the mail is sent 10 times etc. Solution 1: OE
should figure out the mail was deleted while beeing edited and then close the
window after first Send (works same way as if user delete draft while editing).
Solution 2: Never allow any mail edited to be deleted. Solution 3: Give warning
that mail is beeing edited, and ask if user want to close the edit window and
remove the saved mail in Outbox or cancel the delete. Eudora does the last, but
don't ask if users want this with any warning (ooops. new mail lost!).


ah.. Add option in Internet Accounts/news/properties/advanced for: When
synchronize ignore messages longer than [...] Kbytes. It's a nightmare if some
100K postings appear with only crap as content.


ai.. Add in option/send: "When reply wrap lines with quoted printable or base64
format" like Forte Agent do as default. This function wraps like explained in
report 55, except lines without quote mark (or with only one quote mark after
reply) has a limit of 70 characters and not 79 (or 80 including SP at end for
soft line break), because the other user don't wrap the new lines he/she write,
so the receiver has to do this job instead. If this option is choosen, then the
quote mark ">" will be used (if option to use it has been set). In OE 5.5
messages with MIME format: quoted printable is missing the quote mark on reply
(because lines don't wrap?), but still base64 has this character. Do not use
quote marks for base64 unless lines are wrapped. It's nasty to indent 500
characters long lines with one single ">" in front.


aj.. Add option for automatically save new mail or postings beeing created using
same system as MS-WORD does for documents while being written.


ak.. Executing attachment possibility should be default be switched off, because
almost nobody needs this function and it opens door for any virus. Java-script
in html should by default as an option not run automatically.


al.. Add option for not grouping postings which is not a followup. Today a new
thread with same name as an old is always grouped with the old one. Watch
function does not catch such new postings automatically (Forte Agent does, but
not OE). This means there should also be some option for the watch function to
include all postings which is not a followup.


am.. Bug: Edit a new mail and insert this as source:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3207.2500" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2>This is some text</FONT></P><FONT
size=5><FONT face=Arial><SPAN
style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-ansi-language:
NO-BOK; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language:
NO-BOK; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Try
ctrl-a, and change font size. This line is unchanged. Try mark everything but
not
last word on this line. Try change font again</SPAN></FONT></FONT>
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>


an.. Microsoft should be sure that no part of the program read or write to disk
when not using it (this keeps the disk running for no reason). This is a problem
with OE 5.5 today (it never stops read/write disk).


ao.. Periodical bug: When receiving new mail sometimes all text/plain mails (in
all mailboxes) shows up as attachments. When trying to send mail this happens:
-----------
This message contains some text having a character set other than the
default character set. When sending this message you have the following
options:

Send As Unicode - The message is sent as a Unicode message....
Send as is The message will be sent as a regular e-mail message...
Cancel Return to editing the message
-----------

Quit and restart OE does not solve the problem. Reboot without doing any changes
in OE (nothing deleted etc.) usually makes it work again. A lot people have this
problems.


ap.. Periodical bug: The option to "Compact messages in background" should not
be a default setting, because it may corrupt the mailbox files. Instead the
default should be an automatical popup-box once a month (with don't show this
message again) which ask if OE should a) compact all folders or b) Empty
"deleted items" folder and compact all folders


aq.. The broken paper icon for "not viewed news-message" should be removed to
make it more easy to see difference between downloaded and not downloaded items.
Forte Agent has no such icon for "not downloaded", and there is no need for it.
It only make things confusing to have more icons than needed.


ar.. It should not be possible to reply with anything else than English headers
(remove this option in Internationl Send Settings). In english reply text for
email and news starts with "Re:". In Norwegian (or maybe other languages) this
may be perverted to "Sv:" instead. This makes OE incompatible with other clients
which use the standard "Re:", and is *wrong* to change (see:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1036.html). Only "Re:" should be possible to use in
reply for mail or news no matter language.


as.. Add in Tools/Options/Read: Mail read format: o Html o Plain Text (like mail
send format), and News read format: o Html o Plain Text. Html should be default
for mail, and plain text default for news. Some users want to read the plain (if
exist) and not the html. Add Plain Text in View toolbar (view current message as
plain text), and key 'p' for a shortcut to this.


at.. Add option (in Internet Accounts/news/properties/advanced?) for adding new
common headers like for example: "X-No-Archive" for "not archieve public on www
forever".


au.. Add read option for "Start a New thread when a followup subject changes".
Forte Agent has this.


av.. Add hotkey for toggle "Group messages by conversation".


aw.. Add function for removing only attachment of email and keep the rest.


ax.. Options/Maintenance, and "clean up downloaded messages" should specify that
this is news messages. New users may think it's mail too, and that's pretty
confusing.


ay.. Bug: Edit a new mail and insert this as source:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV><EM><U><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face=Arial
size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></FONT></U></EM></FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:
#000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><U>Some link</U></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><U></U></FONT></DIV><U><FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></U></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><EM>Ctrl-a +ctrl-c + click above the link to
paste in: ctrl-v. Now this line turns into a link
too!</EM></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>


az.. Add: If a message header has already been retrieved in one group, perform
the following action in all subsequent groups: O Retriveve the header normally O
Mark the header read (Should be the default) O Skip the header (do not retrieve
content even if watched). Crossposted messages should be looked for when
retrieving new headers as default, and should be detected by message-id by
default. Forte Agent has all this features in addition to make it possible to
detect by Subject, author, date and lines, because some user may post the same
severale times to different groups, thus get different message-id. Usually this
is not a problem because it's crossposted followups to severale groups which is
the main problem.


ba.. When sending or reading messages, the text to be replied to (starting with
quote mark ">" for both mail and news) should have some option (user may choose
to make it operate on plain text or html or both formats) to choose the color
he/she wants for different levels of quoting if and only if writing a reply (for
example blue or red as default on level 1), making it more easy to see who is
writing what. Lines starting with double quotes (level 2 and up) could be set to
this color (128 128 255) or blue, making it easy to see what to reply to and not
confuse earlier replies with the last. If someone manually edit a new mail/post
and insert ">" (or "|" or ":" if this is set) in front of a line, the line
should automatically turn into this colors when moving to next/previous line.
">" (or "|" or ":" if this is set) should as well automatically be changed to
the vertical line format when send format is html. Forte Agent makes the plain
text replied to blue color as default, but does not change lines starting with
double indent to another blue color, which makes it hard to see who is writing
what when doing the reply.


bb.. This is a test done in Win98 comparing the speed of Forte Agent against OE
using an old Pentium 100Mhz with 96 MB RAM. The newsgroup
microsoft.public.windowsme.general on server news.microsoft.com with 50000
headers with no bodies was used for this test. compact all folders, and groups
was not subscribed to before this test. Downloading of 300 headers was off.

Mark all read used from 30 minutes in best case to 4 hours and 40 minutes in
worst case in OE. Forte Agent used 25 seconds, means Agent is 72-650 times
faster here.

Catchup used from 50 minutes in best case (no mark all read was done) to 3 hours
if all messages had been marked read first. Forte Agent used about 1 second
doing the same - means it was 10000 (ten thousand) times faster in this case

Delete header function is too slow. Forte Agent used less than 30 seconds to
delete all 50000 headers, while OE used 300 seconds.

OE should not reload anything from disk each time when entering a group, but
load index for all groups when entering any newsgroup after starting OE and keep
them in the datastructure in memory at least until going back to reading mail to
avoid loading from disk when switching between them. OE use 60 seconds, and
Forte Agent use less than 0.2 seconds in this test, means hundreds of times
faster!

Forte Agent use almost no time (a second or two?) to read the newsgroup folders
from disk. OE used about 2.5 minutes if messages had been marked read.

OE use more than 2.5 minutes to leave this large newsgroup and switch to mail or
another group. Forte Agent use less than 0.2 seconds.

Syncronize all would in this case use at least 5 minutes only because if this
single large group, even before start checking for any mail or headers.


bc.. For sending plain text for both mail and news OE should;

a) Always send with format=flowed and use wrapping as explained in
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html. Do not add any hard line breaks when
wrapping new lines in Drafts, Outbox or Sent Items etc., but only use soft line
breaks (space + CRLF) no matter which folder message goes, because user may need
to edit the mail later, and the format should be sent as flowed text as Eudora
does (see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html, section 4.1) with soft line
breaks as well (receiver should always be able to remove them).

b) If reply to not format=flowed do not wrap lines replied to unless more than
998 characters or in option/send, there should be possible to set "When reply to
not flowed format, convert hard line breaks to soft before lower case letters".
This function identifies a mail or news message as not format=flowed, and then
adds SP at end off all lines where next line has the same quote level and first
letter after quote marks start with lower case (a-z in english word + other
lower case letters in other languages). Default should be convert.

c) The default wrap of new lines should be at 70 characters as in Forte Agent
and not more as in IE because there may be a lot >>> in front of a line after
severale followups or replies. This number may as today be possible to change,
but is only used for new lines, and not the lines recevied from others where 79
characters (counted after new quote mark has been added in reply) always should
be set as limit if there is no SP at end of line, else 80 with SP (see some
possible exception for quoted printable and base64 in report 35 and for words
longer than 79 characters and shorter than 998 characters which should never be
wrapped). Lines with quote mark should be wrapped down to equal or less than 79
characters + SP = 80 characters total. No need to always wrap down to for
example 75 characters, because then some lines would still be more than 79 (need
to be wrapped soon).

d) Always wrap quoted lines when edit the message to see where the line breaks
will be. Add option "Show soft line breaks while edit" to wrap the new lines
user write in the reply instantly, and not after message is saved or sent. This
should be the default setting. It's may be a good thing to see where the soft
line breaks will be when writing the mail.


Today OE wrap lines replied to even if they are shorter than 79 characters using
the same lenght as for new lines and does it the most ugly possible way without
even inserting in front of the line the same level quoting it had before (in
this case first one double ">>", then one single ">"). In option wrap is set at
70 characters in this example;

#---------------------------------------------- Start editing in OE
5.5 --------------------------------------------
>> Wrap the new lines user write in the reply instantly, and not after message
is saved or sent,
>> btw. previous line ended with a space after word "sent,"
> Um that was a good idea, but what about this ugly line here. What should we do
> about this line which had no space after "do"?

Now I'll try send this, and read the result in Sent Items as you can see here
below...
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

#------------- Drafts, Outbox or Sent Items in OE 5.5 ---------------
>> Wrap the new lines user write in the reply instantly, and not after
message is saved or sent,
>> btw. previous line ended with a space after word "sent,"
> Um that was a good idea, but what about this ugly line here. What
should we do
> about this line which had no space after "do"?

Now I'll try send this, and read the result in Sent Items as you can
see here below...
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---


Example of reply to format=flowed using light blue/blue option;

#------------ Using RFC2646 in Editing, Sent Items and Outbox -----------
>> Wrap the new lines user write in the reply instantly, and not after message
>> is saved or sent, btw. previous line ended with a space after word "sent,"
> Um that was a good idea, but what about this ugly line here. What should we
> do
> about this line which had no space after "do"?

Now I'll try send this, and read the result in Sent Items as you can
see here below...
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------


Example of reply to not format=flowed and "When reply to not flowed format,
convert hard line breaks to soft before lower case letters" is set as option
(blue/red option used here);

#-- Using RFC2646 and converting in Editing, Sent Items and Outbox --
>> Wrap the new lines user write in the reply instantly, and not after message
>> is saved or sent, btw. previous line ended with a space after word "sent,"
> Um that was a good idea, but what about this ugly line here. What should we
> do about this line which had no space after "do"?

Now I'll try send this, and read the result in Sent Items as you can
see here below...
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------


bd.. In options/Send there could be a good idea to add a button for "Restore all
Send settings to default values". In addition to this or alternative, it should
be a "Restore Defaults" button for "Message format" in HTML and PlainText
Settings, because today it's almost impossible for users to undertand this and
set back to the default which works for almost everybody.When installing a new
version of OE and the old version does not have any of the fixes in this report,
the install program should set all send settings to default values to clean up
all the bad settings from old versions, and give warning that it has done so. a)
Default for "Reply to message using the format in which they were sent" should
default be off (because the client receiving should have the option to choose
read format and not only send format, and send format should always include
plaint/text as done in current version. See report 45). b) Default for
International Settings should use english headers or better not possibility to
use anything else (see report 44). c) Default for Mail Sending Format should be
HTML, and News Sending Format should be Plain Text. d) Default for Mail and News
(both for HTML and plain text settings) should be MIME + Encode text using: None
+ allow 8-bit characters (Eudora use this as default) + indent the original text
+ wrap at 70 characters (See report 55). e) If option in report 35 is
implemented: "When reply wrap lines with quoted printable or base64 format"
should by default be set on. f) If option in report 55 is implemented: "When
reply to not flowed format, convert hard line breaks to soft before lower case
letters" should by default be set on. g) OE should not look for new newsgroups
as default, because this takes a lot time and almost never needed.


be.. If the folder dbx file is corrupt (happens with lot users making no
mailboxes visible) there should be a popup dialog box asking to rebuild it. If
this may damage filter rules, OE should use Filters.dbx instead of everything in
one .dbx file


bf.. Add some reset option for "Don't show this message again" - boxes (if user
want to get questions back)


bg.. Stop possibility to send anything else than ">" as new quote marks. Instead
change this option to view or write any ">" as "|" or ":" (if this is set as
view option). Example: If "|" is set as view option, and user writes "|" in
front of a line, this is converted to ">" instantly (but user still read it as
"|" because all viewing of mail including new mail change ">" to "|"). If user
write ">" it should be changed to a view of a "|" when moving to another line.
With this function everybody gets happy, because everybody may use and view the
quote character they want, and the http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2646.html
standard is used. With OE 5.5 we may get some funny results;

>|:>|:: This doesn't look very good, does it huh?
::||>> Nope, It sure doesn't :)


bh.. "Include this account when checking for new messages" option is confusing.
Please be more specific in the text actually what is does (relevant only to
background checks etc...)


bi.. Bug: Edit a new mail and insert this as source:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4611.1300" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;Press&nbsp;return below this line to make an empty line and then
write a word on next line . View source, go back to Edit. Word is now one line
up?!<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>


bj.. Remove possibility to set or do not set as default quoted printable,
base64, uuencode etc. to newsgroups for plain text format. Such formats should
never be sent to usenet and in any case must not be the default (see
http://www.newsreaders.com/gnksa/gnksa.txt). All servers today understand simple
8 bit encoding both for news and mail. No need to encode everything, because all
the encode options makes people confused and makes news readers incompatible.
Encoding of any kind (also for mail) should only be set automatically by OE when
reply to same format as received or sending html format. See report 56 for
related subject.


bk.. When reply remove everything below signature mark "-- ". If any text is
marked, do only reply to such text. Forte Agent does all this steps.


bl.. Add "paste as quoted" item to edit menu with a hot-key (CTRL-Q). Forte
Agent and Netscape has this.


bm.. Allow redefinition of hotkeys.


bn.. OE should stay in fixed pitch font mode (View/text size/fixed) after
putting it in that mode (now it automatically switch off going to next message).


bo.. Add redirect function for mail. Eudora has this.


bp.. Add ability to export mail rules to a file, and then later import them.
People who set up OE on a lot of computers do have a problem copying the mail
rules.

Add ability to export all data (mail + news + folders + rules + everything in
the registry for OE), to a single file, and then import it later (for example to
move from one machine to another, take backup etc..).


bq.. Add rightclick/New folder for newsgroups too (same system as for mail).
This makes it possible to manually delete messages older than a specified time
for a large number of newsgroups in this folder. Not all newsgroups are
important to save messages long time, but some are.


br.. Add Edit/paste as unformatted text (as if copy from notepad) when sending
html mail/news.


bs.. Add spam filter. Not everybody are advanced users who know how to set up
message rules for such cases.


bt.. Bug? Paste picture in new mail editor (html) does not work. Work fine for
MS-WORD.


bu.. F11 should maximize the screen as in Internet Explorer.


bv.. Add warning dialog-box (with not show this message again) when trying to to
move folder to another folder. It's pretty easy to do this by error when
switching between groups. Another good solution could be edit/undo.


bw.. Add possibility to revert black and white only in large window areas (white
areas turns into black, and black text same place turns into white).


bx.. New Post window and View/All Headers turned off should show Followup-To
instead of Cc: because followup is used all the time and *needed*, but Cc: is
almost never used and should almost never be used (makes people usually angry to
get a copy of news message in mail, and I base this fact on sending more than
7000 postings to usenet myself for several years and I've never used Cc: one
single time).


by.. http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1036.html, section 2.2.3: If the keyword poster
is present, follow-up messages are not permitted. The message should be mailed
to the submitter of the message via mail. Forte Agent has solved this by putting
up a dialog box to ask if reply only in mail, followup or both.


bz.. Add option for getting messages which arrive out of order if the server has
such problem. Forte Agent has this possibility.


ca.. <n> should jump to next unread.


cb.. Add option "Enable threading by subject." because new messages may hide in
older threads. This should by default be off and not always on and impossbile to
turn off as in OE. Forte Agent has the choice.


cc.. Add new button on toolbar: "New headers" instead of "Headers" (which may be
possible to customize if someone still want it). New Headers should be the
default as in Forte Agent, because old headers are something user almost never
want.


cd.. OE must always display in preview the article's Followup-To list, if this
is different from the Newsgroups list. It's very important to know what
newsgroup replies are posted to.


ce.. OE must warn the user about posting articles consisting entirely of quoted
text and should prevent doing it. OE must not allow postings with no subject.


cf.. In case newsserver allow posting more than 30 hours in the future (which
they should not), then do not display such messages. This may be an option in
OE.


cg.. Add rightclick/"Retrieve limited number of headers" where user may write
how many headers to be downloaded (Microplanet Gravity has this). This in
combination with "New headers" button (report 81) maked a much better solution
than today.


ch.. In preview add column for "Subject/From" to show Subject or From field
where subject is shown only once (first posting in thread collapsed or not), and
then not show subject in the thread list until it changes to another subject.
There is not enough space to show both Subject and From in case of window setup
in report 20. Forte Agent solves this by setting only Subject at first message
in the thread, and all followups From instead. This is logical because no need
to repeat the same Subject 100 times, because the first message in the thread
tell what the subject is about anyway. The function could be even better than
Forte Agent version, because sometimes in the same thread subject changes but
Forte Agent still show from and not the new subject. In this case subject should
be shown instead of from field. Subject/From should be the default setting if
user choose the window setup in report 20. Gravity has also this window setup
option but shows Subject and From same time, and that's very bad layout which
need 1280x1024 screen (see the thread list at
http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/gravity.gif )


ci.. Ability to choose what name to display for each newsgroup (because they may
be very long names)


cj.. OE should use index files for From: and Subject: based on for example the 2
first characters + date as integer + flags (read/unread etc) fields for all .dbx
files to speed up read/delete/search/catchup (see report 54), and by this method
only read the relevant parts of .dbx file which contain the indexed information.
When scrolling up and down read only a part of the file +- 10 headers. Forte
Agent use index files, and scrollling up and down shows red light on the HD all
the time, but it's *very* fast.

In case all og almost all part of any .dbx file will be scanned for text (using
wildcards etc.) or compact folder is done, then load large blocks (for example
25% of free memory) into RAM before processing. Today when OE compact folder it
reads some few bytes and then writes, making heavy load on the HD and waste a
lot of time. Forte Agent is at least 10 times faster on this becaue is does not
read that little each time. Computers today indeed have more than 8 MB RAM. In
fact the entire datastructure in OE 6.0 should be rewritten from scratch to
something much faster and more reliable. In case of index files they should not
be in same file of the .dbx, because error in index file would then corrupt all
of the .dbx file. When doing compact a folder, new index file for it should be
made (if possible). If error is detected in some index file (does not point to
expected bytes), it should be generated from scratch.


ck.. Add function for filtering all old downloaded messages. If a new filter is
added and old messages has to be moved this is important.


cl.. Bug: Signatures should be inserted after and not before the original text
in quoted replies, else everything written is gone when other people reply to
this again (report 63).


cm.. If filtering old messages (report 89) is implemented, then "Where the
message was sent more than days ago" should be valid for mail and not only news,
because then old messages in any folder could be deleted by a filter rule.


cn.. Edit/redo is missing even if ctrl-y works as redo in composer.


co.. Insert/signature show signatures which is not specified for the account
beeing sent from (advanced setting). Only relevant signatures should be possible
to insert.


cp.. Add possibility to use wildcards (*/?) in filter rules.


cq.. Bug: When reply with 7 bit quoted printable or base64 to headers with 8 bit
characters, "Re:" is encoded, and that's incompatible operation, because "Re:"
is part of the header information and should *never* be changed to anything
else. See report 44 for related problem.


cr.. Bug: When the References list is getting long, OE post more than 998
character at one line. OE should NEVER post a line more than 998 characters at
one line (except for encoded lines?), because this is a standard of max line
lenght. Some servers refuse more than 998 characters in one line of the header.


cs.. When composing a message with format plain text, copy and paste formatted
text does not convert to plain text. This is nonsense, because this has to be
converted to plain text when sending the message anyway. It should be converted
to plain text at same time as pasting into the new mail.


ct.. Add different font settings for plain text and html both for composing and
reading. This is two different formats, and therefore should have possibility to
set to different default fonts.


cu.. Bug: Find Message In This Folder (Shift-F3) does not find any messages in
sub-threads (Just try search for Re:). Find messages should of course search in
all sub-threads too.


cv.. There's no way to expand or collapse all threads today. Add View/Expand All
Threads and View/Collapse All Threads


Alpha

unread,
Mar 18, 2001, 11:24:31 PM3/18/01
to
Bug? Copy and paste of numbered lines should not be converted into another
number format, and then converted again when sending to yet another like happens
if you send html and copy/paste from http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/. The
paste shows bullets, but the final result after sending shows alphanumeric
letters.

- Alpha

Al Darby

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 1:36:11 AM3/19/01
to
ALF,

What kind of Troll posts a 42Kb message copying contents of his own web
site? You fool, you've posted the URL so often, even a 5 year old could
find it, if they were the slightest bit interested.

Haven't you worked out yet that shoving your crappy site down everyone's
throat is NOT going to gain you any recognition or respect? Could I
suggest that you go back through this NG and count the posts that laud
your efforts and I'd be surprised if you get beyond one hand (assuming
you can count that high).

Now, do the same for those who don't applaud your efforts, surely, then
even a fool like you, could see that you're not gaining any support for
your site, or your bloated opinion of your own worth.

Your list is NOT relevant, as you've already said in earlier posts and
you truly are a "nobody", but you ARE an annoying little person.

Please go away, as you're distracting the rest of us from meaningful
dialogue.
- Nobody cares what you think.
- Nobody cares about your list.
- Nobody believes anything you say.
- Nobody wants you here.

--
Al


J.B. Moreno

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 3:00:01 AM3/19/01
to
Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:

> "J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message

> > Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:
>
> > MS's /knows/ the solution(s) to the line breaking problem. I imagine
>
> Yep, after I told them. Else they would have done it long ago.

Bull. They've known about the sigdash bug since forever (every since
adding the sigdash in the first place) and haven't fixed it yet. The
fact that they know a problem exist, and are aware of a solution, is no
guarantee that they will fix it.

> Line breaking is not a simple task to make perfect.

You can't make it perfect because of the problem with quoted text, but
it's simple enough to make it nearly perfect (at least in concept,
implementation always takes effort).

> My suggestions solves both format=flowed and not format=flowed (see
> http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/, report 55). Even Eudora does not do all
> this.

But other programs do various parts -- there's nothing new there, MS is
and has been aware of all this for literally years, but have chosen not
to do anything about it.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain, but don't think that just
because you have a solution, that the problem has been solved.

-snip-


> > Your page is *your* wish list, my page is the wishes posted to this
>
> Yes, it's mine, but I don't take credit for making everything on my own.
> I've collected a lot wishes from all OE groups, but only the most
> important.

My point is that my list is specifically concerning wishes made *in*
this group, while yours comes from other sources.



> > I state whether it is a bug or a feature (IMO), a brief description of
> > the problem (again IMO) and give a link to the original article -- and
> > at least on my machine, it always pops up the correct article. Does it
> > not do so for you?
>
> Nope it does not. I tries to send email instead.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using a mac and with my standard
newsreaders it works just fine.

Pick a wish off of <http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html> and
click on the link, what happens?

--
JBM

Alpha

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 4:08:20 AM3/19/01
to
"J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message
news:1eqhoku.1hujyse1x3tq21N%pl...@newsreaders.com...

> > > MS's /knows/ the solution(s) to the line breaking problem. I imagine
> >
> > Yep, after I told them. Else they would have done it long ago.
>
> Bull. They've known about the sigdash bug since forever (every since

They know about the bug, but the solution for not format=flowed was unknown even
for people making Eudora, but they though my idea was good and probably
implements it later. As long as format=flowed for all clients there is no
problem anyway.

> You can't make it perfect because of the problem with quoted text, but
> it's simple enough to make it nearly perfect (at least in concept,
> implementation always takes effort).

Not 100% but practically 100%. quoted text may be reformatted perfectly if
format=flowed OR using my method of converting (if user want).

> > My suggestions solves both format=flowed and not format=flowed (see
> > http://www.radikal.net/microsoft/, report 55). Even Eudora does not do all
> > this.
>
> But other programs do various parts -- there's nothing new there, MS is

Yep, but no program does it all in a integraded way which does not conflict with
all the formats.

> I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain, but don't think that just
> because you have a solution, that the problem has been solved.

The solution must be there before solving the problem. Nobody had written a
*complete* solution before I did. This solution include handling of quoted
printable, base64 with both format=flowed and not format=flowed.

> My point is that my list is specifically concerning wishes made *in*
> this group, while yours comes from other sources.

Almost 20 comes from this group. About 80 from other OE groups and myself.

> > Nope it does not. I tries to send email instead.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using a mac and with my standard
> newsreaders it works just fine.

Works in IE (at your www page), but not in OE here.

> Pick a wish off of <http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html> and
> click on the link, what happens?

That's with IE, but clicking on the reports in your mail with OE doesn't work.

- Alpha

Alpha

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 4:31:13 AM3/19/01
to
"Al Darby" <A...@eagle.com.au> wrote in message
news:uVWo27DsAHA.1440@tkmsftngp03...

> ALF,
>
> What kind of Troll posts a 42Kb message copying contents of his own web
> site? You fool, you've posted the URL so often, even a 5 year old could
> find it, if they were the slightest bit interested.

What kind of psychopaths always start pesonal attacks like you do?

The reason for posting them here is the fact that the page
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html ONLY HAS THE WISHES POSTED TO THIS
GROUP AND NOT WISHES ON LINKS FROM THIS GROUP. To include all of them they have
to be posted to this group, and I have done so *once* now when the list is
finnished. The intelligence of psyhopaths are far to low to understand such
simple facts like this (even a 5 yr old girl would understand this)

> Haven't you worked out yet that shoving your crappy site down everyone's

Nobody else has a list even close to my list in quality. The other list is
random wishes were some are good and some are bad, and most of the good was on
my list for more than 6 months ago anyway. Nobody else has a list of how
complicated things should be solved. Nobody else has a list with practically all
main problems with OE. Nobody has found a single bad suggestion on my page
*ever*. Nobody has found any better suggestions. It may be a couple of course,
but then we talk about not-important ones agains not important ones with is a
grey-zone.

> Your list is NOT relevant, as you've already said in earlier posts and
> you truly are a "nobody", but you ARE an annoying little person.

Seems you don't like other people show up to me much more intelligent than you
are (not hard, 95% people are). You don't like that your enemies (people who
hate psychopaths) proves they are far better in making bug/wishes reports than
everybody else you know about (yourself you haven't found anything and not
solved anything and all you do is flaming on all newsgroups around).

> Please go away, as you're distracting the rest of us from meaningful
> dialogue.

There is no meaning from what *you* write. There is only classical bullshit
every single psychopath writes on all newsgroup no matter what the subject is
about.

> - Nobody cares what you think.
> - Nobody cares about your list.
> - Nobody believes anything you say.
> - Nobody wants you here.

"Everybody against one" is one of the classical manipulation-techniques and lies
psyhyopaths ALWAYS use no matter subject. A psyhyopath like you have no psyhical
strenght at all, and therefore need to borrow others and think they have
"everybody on their side" against one single person. We see this typical
principle from middle-age and witch-hunt processes. If you were living at that
time you would write the same as above when someone says: "Don't burn people"
(same thing is relevant for the killing of Jews. The nazi's used the SAME words
as you just used in fact. Not because they were nazi's but because they were
psycopaths, and all psycopaths think the same way because they have the same
identical "religion" which is build on the principle of sacrifice other people
for themselves. With manipulation and lies they try to hide this fact because
most people (almost 95%) do not like such bad behaviour).

- Alpha

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 5:35:08 AM3/19/01
to
"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> wrote in message news:#xVD#KCsAHA.832@tkmsftngp05...

> "J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message
> news:1eqh738.5kqpipmutp31N%pl...@newsreaders.com...
> > Alpha <bl...@nomail.com> wrote:
>
> > MS's /knows/ the solution(s) to the line breaking problem.
>
> Yep, after I told them.

<<<ROTFLMAO>>> Your self-deceit is beyond compare.

Alpha

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 5:52:24 AM3/19/01
to
They couldn't know before, because the complete method was developed by myself
and nobody else. The only known method before (used in Eudora) was format=flowed

You'll never find any documents which show the complete method elsewhere than in
my report. That's proof enough.

"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:Oj5OJCGsAHA.1552@tkmsftngp04...

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 5:59:09 AM3/19/01
to
"Alpha" <bl...@nomail.com> wrote in message news:uwSF6KGsAHA.2204@tkmsftngp05...

> They couldn't know before, because the complete method was developed by myself
> and nobody else. The only known method before (used in Eudora) was format=flowed
>
> You'll never find any documents which show the complete method elsewhere than in
> my report. That's proof enough.

"nobody else" .. <<<ROTFLMAO>>> I know they say laughter is good for your health but you really don't have to try so hard to amuse us.

troll_lady

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 7:46:04 AM3/19/01
to
well, mine says message cannot be downloaded! it has been removed
from the server, but oe is trying to use a dif news server. how do i
use msn
news to access? i am in msn news account, click link, blah! hahahaha!
unexpected results?

"J.B. Moreno" <pl...@newsreaders.com> wrote in message

news:1eqhoku.1hujyse1x3tq21N%pl...@newsreaders.com...

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 7:52:49 AM3/19/01
to
Simple.

Set msnews.microsoft.com (or the server on which the relevant group appears) as the default news server and you should be able to download all the messages.

OE is only able to download messages via header-link if the server to which the group belongs is the default server.

--
Posted via news://msnews.microsoft.com
Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
________________________________________
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm


"troll_lady" <liat...@neobright.net> wrote in message news:uwJ4L$GsAHA.1724@tkmsftngp05...

troll_lady

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 8:23:51 AM3/19/01
to
ahhhhh.... thank-you! so to read that silliness, set msnews to
default!
worth the trouble?
hahahahaha! now i feel very newbyish.....
troll_lady
http:/www.geocities.com/li_athome


"Sandi Hardmeier MVP" <sandi_h...@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:O3z#6NHsAHA.2248@tkmsftngp05...

Mike M

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 8:46:26 AM3/19/01
to
"Al Darby" <A...@eagle.com.au> wrote ...

> What kind of Troll posts a 42Kb message copying contents of his own
> web site?

One that is mentally deficient?
--
Mike Maltby
mi...@mcmaltby.fsnet.co.uk


Mike M

unread,
Mar 19, 2001, 8:44:57 AM3/19/01