blank subject and blank body of text on all received email ! HELP !

Kevin Smith

Apr 23, 2001, 7:11:53 PM4/23/01
I installed IE6 BETA and now when ever ie receive email from anyone the subject
is blank and the body of the email is BLANK ! HELP me ......

Odin Garland

Apr 23, 2001, 7:45:29 PM4/23/01
I am having exactly the same problem, can someone please help it is urgent,
uninstalling ie6 beta does not resolve this issue.

Odin

Apr 23, 2001, 7:51:32 PM4/23/01
There is an apparent bug in the file, mlang.dll, installed with OE6 that causes this. The "fix" which works for most people is to extract a copy of mlang.dll from the IE5.5 setup file and replace the one now installed. With Win98, this can be done using SFC, while with WinMe and Win2K, the option is available under MSCONFIG and the Extract a File button on the general tab.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Do not send mail as it will not be answered.

MICHAEL

Apr 24, 2001, 6:33:55 PM4/24/01
What Microsoft needs to do is go ahead and pull this beta and
release another one.

--
Michael
Charlotte, NC USA
"Andreas Kohlbach" <ank...@email.com> wrote in message news:slrn9ebsci...@ankman.de...
| I assume MS should be aware of this mlang bug. What I don't uderstand is why
| they apparently offer the beta with the broken mlang.dll. Even if the bug
| isn't fixed yet they could replace the broken with the one from 5.x till
| they fixed it.
|
| Andreas

| --
| Please don't use "!" in subject (will be filtered away)
| Filterrules at http://homepages.compuserve.de/ankmn/filterul.htm
| MIDI MOD SID Download Area at http://come.to/ankman/
| Phone/Fax: +49 (0)40 7 51 10 03 114 ICQ-UIN: 11983646

Al Darby

Apr 24, 2001, 8:10:30 PM4/24/01
Full Ack!

--
Al

"MICHAEL" <mgb...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

Apr 26, 2001, 9:36:37 AM4/26/01
Yes we have seen it the blank subjectline problem mentioned, numerous times.

Please feel free to read through this newsgroup. Concentrate on any thread mentioning blank subjectlines or similar.

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm

"ee" <ev...@eeaston.com> wrote in message news:11f8501c0ce55$5b64f960$19ef2ecf@tkmsftngxa01...
I have a mildly similar problem. In the message list, some (but not all)
messages are missing a subject line, but in the preview pane or view windows, the
subject and message body show up just fine.

When you group messages by thread, all these messages are grouped together
resulting in many threads that are all mixed up with eachother.

Has anyone else seen this?

ee

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

Apr 26, 2001, 10:29:46 PM4/26/01
This has actually been discussed this in the past... some groups use a regular FAQ, and some don't.

The general consensus is those that post without reading prior messages won't read the FAQ either <sigh>

"Andreas Kohlbach" <ank...@email.com> wrote in message news:slrn9egstg...@ankman.de...
> What about a daily posted FAQ?
>
> Andreas

Dave Krasnow

May 2, 2001, 8:15:05 AM5/2/01
Need help in restoring the Ie5.5 mlang.dll file. I don't have a CD,
installed the last few upgrades from Windows Update site. Can't figure out a
"location" SFC can extract the previous file from.
-Dave Krasnow

"Jim C. Pickering" <jimpic...@home.com> wrote in message

Jim C. Pickering

May 2, 2001, 12:23:51 PM5/2/01
Do you have a folder "Windows Update Setup Files" on your C: drive? If so, point SFC to that folder and restore location would be C:\Windows\System if you are using that drive and location for your Windows setup.

Or, alternatively, search for any of these cabinet files and open it with WinZip to extract a copy and then replace it in the windows\system folder after booting to a DOS prompt from your floppy StartUp disk.

iemil_2.cab
iew2k_1.cab
ient_3.cab
ie_3.cab

The file should be 545,552 bytes in size and have a date of 6/6/2000. Good luck.

--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Do not send mail as it will not be answered.
http://members.home.com/jlpick99/oe.htm

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

May 3, 2001, 7:16:12 PM5/3/01
As suggested to the original poster, this issue has been addressed numerous times. Please feel free to search the newsgroup for threads related to blank subjectlines. You will find all the information you require.

"Mimi" <mgn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:a51c01c0d3ea$bbfc3550$9ee62ecf@tkmsftngxa05...

> [...]

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

May 4, 2001, 9:26:11 PM5/4/01
"Andreas Kohlbach" <ank...@email.com> wrote in message news:slrn9f63fe...@ankman.de...
> Sandi,
>
> you were right. If somebody made the effort to write and post a FAQ here it
> would be a waste of time since it wouldn't also be read as the articles with
> "blank subject/body" in subject. *sigh*

I'll join you in that *sigh* if you don't mind ;-)