lost favorites folder

Joy

Mar 6, 2004, 11:19:46 AM3/6/04
Don't know how this happened, but upon opening my browser
and looking for my "favorites" one day, they were gone!
The only thing that shows under the favorites menu
is "add to" and "organize" favorites. (There is no other
drop-down or list of favorites.) I did a search and
found the favorites folder. How do I get it back into
its rightful place in my browser?

Alan Edwards

Mar 6, 2004, 2:38:30 PM3/6/04
You can either move the contents of the misplaced folder to the
current folder or change the Registry setting back to the old folder.

You can change the value of Favorites in the Registry in these
two keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "Joy"

Ramesh [MVP]

Mar 6, 2004, 5:58:45 PM3/6/04
Joy,

Try Alan's advice. Before updating the key/value, can you post the contents here? Just wanted to know the actual values present there.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Alan Edwards

Mar 6, 2004, 6:27:45 PM3/6/04
Good idea. There have been a few of these and something must be
causing it.
Earthlink is the only cause I am aware of where an update in the last
few months may cause the Favorites to be set to C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\Earthlink...\Favorites

...Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "Ramesh [MVP]"

Ramesh [MVP]

Mar 6, 2004, 7:01:18 PM3/6/04
Thanks, Alan.

--