Secure connection but still getting the "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items" prompt

Tmome

Nov 16, 2001, 5:49:44 PM11/16/01
I am trying out Safeweb which is a proxy server that uses SSL between my
computer and safeweb.com. For a lot of typical sites like yahoo.com and
msnbc.com I get the prompt "This page contains both secure and nonsecure
items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" Why would I be getting
nonsecure items if everything is going through a SSL proxy server?

I wouldn't be bugged so much by the prompt if it were just that but even
when I hit Yes, IE6 errors out and gives "The page cannot be displayed"
error making safeweb pretty much unusable. I don't get the problem with
Netscape Navigator 4.76. Any suggestions (other than to stick with
Navigator)?

Damian Yerrick

Nov 16, 2001, 10:12:07 PM11/16/01
You wrote:
>when I hit Yes, IE6 errors out and gives "The page cannot
>be displayed" error making safeweb pretty much unusable.
>I don't get the problem with Netscape Navigator 4.76.
>Any suggestions (other than to stick with Navigator)?

I'll probably get flamed for saying this on a Microsoft-
run group, but I seriously suggest that you try Mozilla.
Version 0.9.6 comes out in a few days, and the nightly
builds (www.mozillazine.org) already match or exceed IE 6
in terms of performance and conformance to web standards,
and any 0.9 release of Mozilla beats Netscape 4.x hands
down.

--
(Replace hotspam with MS's free e-mail service to mail me.)