IWebBrowser Memeory Leak

aja...@yahoo.com

Jul 31, 2007, 4:19:14 AM7/31/07

Scenario -

- I am using WebBrowser control to navigate different pages. Its an
MFC application.

- These pages also contains references to Java Script and images.

Problem -

- When the page is navigated using Navigate method it occupies certain
amount of memory, which is obvious. However, it doesn't release it
when WebBrowser control is destroyed.

- I also created a small dialog based application and embedded
IWebBrowser conrol in it. I browsed a blank page using Navigate
method, more than 2000kb virutal memory was occupied as per the Task
Manager. After destroying the IWebBrowser control, the memory occupied
was not released.

Is it a memory leak or a IWebBrowser problem. If so how to release
the occupied memory ?

Your help in this regard woul be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
-Ajay Mathpati