Changing password

Gary Gorham

Jan 1, 2010, 8:23:19 PM1/1/10
I tried to change my password. I went to the file menu, pointed to
Identities, clicked Manage Identities, selected identity name, clicked
Properties. Changed old password to new password. Went to identities and
entered my new password and was denied. What do I need to do to change my
password?
Gary

Michael Santovec

Jan 2, 2010, 3:10:04 PM1/2/10
Just to be clear, the password you are attempting to change is the
optional one to open OE or switch identities. It has nothing to do with
the passwords for the mail account which is needed to download, and in
some cases send, mail.

Any security software that prevents updating the registry could prevent
saving the new password.

also see
Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290684
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

If you are attempting to change the mail account password, you must
first change the password suing the mail service web interface and then
change the corresponding password at Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Servers.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Gary Gorham" <gor...@cableone.net> wrote in message