Re: what is difference between a GPO link enabled vs enforced?

Florian Frommherz [MVP]

Feb 6, 2008, 2:08:29 PM2/6/08
Howdie!

biff schrieb:
> what is difference between a GPO link enabled vs enforced?

"Link enabled" means that the Group Policy is linked to the OU - so the
policy applies to the objects within the OU.

"Enforced" means, that the policy - or more specifically - its settings
cannot be overwritten by another (later processed) policy.

cheers,

Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Group Policy.
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

Marcin

Feb 6, 2008, 2:07:17 PM2/6/08
"Enforced" is equivalent to "No Override" setting in the ADUC console - it
essentially prevents from blocking settings of this particular GPO on lower
level AD containers. Enabled simply applies the settings on the target AD
container - without additional implications as far as overriding/blocking
are concerned (so they can be blocked, if desired)...

hth
Marcin

biff

Feb 6, 2008, 2:53:04 PM2/6/08
Thanks for the info Marcin and Florian.

kuldeep....@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2014, 8:38:58 AM7/22/14
Hey, I am not able to edit only Default Domain Policy can any one help me.

aayu...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 1:14:36 AM6/21/17
make sure you are logged in as Admin. go to cmd and type whoami. if you get anything\admin youre good. else log in as admin first