Ctrl-P disabled on certain webpages with group policy enabled.

AndyH

Mar 15, 2006, 12:08:43 PM3/15/06
I have a group policy enabled for a particular user for a locked down,
kiosk user interface in a public area. Currently in *some* web pages
the ctrl-P shortcut key will work, but on other web pages nothing
happens when ctrl-p is pressed. Other shortcut keys such as ctrl-h,
ctrl-r, ctrl-w activate properly (in the case of ctrl-w this option
complains that the user does not have access to close the window).
We are running internet explorer as the shell in kiosk mode, but
removing the kiosk mode doesn't make any difference. Likewise, we have
disabled the toolbar, but adding the toolbar back and enabling the
print button also does not make any difference - the print dialog box
never appears on certain web sites.

www.msn.com, http://travel.msn.com/default.aspx both work but
http://travel.msn.com/New_York_City_New_York_State_list_entitylist_attractions_23164_2.aspx
or http://www.helsby.net or http://absoblogginlutely.net doesn't. There
are a lot more sites that do/don't work but these are just a couple of
examples.

Anyone come across this problem before?
I've uploaded the resultant set of policies wizard output to
http://absoblogginlutely.net/test/lock.htm - the only thing I've done
is change the domain name for security reasons.