SOAP handler for .Net webservices

Eric

Dec 8, 2008, 6:54:04 AM12/8/08
Hi ,

Where I stand : I am newbie to WCF and .Net. I can do a bit of C#
programming and know how to write a webservice with C#.Essentially a
Java developer.

What I am looking for : I want to know how I can write a SOAP
handler , which can inspect the SOAP headers of SOAP requests/
want to write a generic handler
which can monitor the traffic to all webservices in IIS. My objective
is to be able to insert a custom header in the SOAP messages.

I'd really appreciate any pointers to help me get started. Just to
mention, I have Visual Studio 2005 and IIS 7 on my system.

Thanks,
Eric.

Priya

Dec 16, 2008, 6:39:25 AM12/16/08
Hi Eric,

If you're planning on using WCF, you might want to consider using a
MessageInspector. For WSE based services, take a look at this link:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Wse_SimpleHandlerFactory.aspx

Hope this helps!
Priya