Windows 7 mis-Install

creacon

Mar 29, 2010, 5:01:01 AM3/29/10
My computer has a brand new SATA C : drive and an IDE D: drive that I use to
store seldom used data that I need to keep available. I did a CLEAN (Custom)
install of Win 7 Ult 64bit, and without realizing it, the install disk
arbitrarily installed the boot sector on the IDE (D:) drive, even though the
OS is installed on the SATA (C:) drive. So now in order to boot I have to
set the IDE as the first boot HDD (in the BIOS), and that seems to work. I
wanted to eventuall copy all the IDE data to the new SATA disk, since it's
much bigger than the old one, and ultimately remove the IDE drive altogether.

So my question is, is there any way to transfer the boot information from
the IDE drive to the SATA drive, without having to completely reinstall
Windows?
--
creacon