Windows 7 - Smart Network Power. How to disable

rhuijgen

Aug 25, 2009, 10:48:21 AM8/25/09
Windows 7 includes a new features called: "Smart Network Power"

This new feature powers off the network adapter when cable is unplugged .
Please also see: http://tinyurl.com/ltdytx

The "Smart Network Power" feature can not be disabled using the "Allow the
computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox in the Comuter
Management console.

I want to disable this feature, as some programs do not like the network
card of my laptop to be unloaded.

Can anybody help me.

Thank you

addict!@discussions.microsoft.com amin_london_computer addict!

Nov 19, 2009, 10:25:01 PM11/19/09

click on start then control panel and then system and security and then power
option and then change balance setting, here you can change whatever u like
it to be. c ya!

rhuijgen

Dec 2, 2009, 12:41:01 PM12/2/09
Thanks for the response, but that is not the solution.
I'm not talking about general power settings, but about a new build in
feature of Windows 7 that automatically disables the network card when not
connected

Joi

Feb 12, 2010, 3:55:01 PM2/12/10
I found the solution ! :)
In my HP laptop I started the BIOS and disabled the LAN power managent in
the BIOS settings.

rhuijgen

Apr 26, 2010, 3:14:01 PM4/26/10
Hello,
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

It improves the situation somewhat, but I doesn't totaly disable the "Smart
Network Power" feature, introduced by Windows 7.

Doesn't Microsoft provide any way to disable the feature? (reg key, policy,
API)

Any Microsoft employee watching this newsgroup?

Kind regards