Problem in Insalling OS in VirtualPC 2007 SP1

Gary

Jan 16, 2010, 1:54:01 AM1/16/10
I am have problems in installing my OS in the Virtual PC Console. I am
getting an error that says "Attemping to load a 64-bit application, however
this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode"

My host computer has Win 7 Pro (64-bit) OS with i7-975 processor. I
downloaded the 64-bit version of VirtualPC 2007 SP1 and I was able to
complete the Installation. Part of the Wizard, it ask for an OS, and I
select Window Vista because Win 7 was not available. The MS website
indicated that VirtualPC 2007 SP1 should work with Win 7.

After installation, I start up the VirtualPC and the "Virtual PC console" is
shown. I have my Win 7 Pro (64-bit) disk in the CD and I see "Windows is

Window failed to start
File: \window\system32\boot\winload.exe
Info: Attemping to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not
compatible with 64-bit Mode".

Can someone please help !

Thank You,

Stefan Pendl

Jan 16, 2010, 1:02:07 PM1/16/10

Did you enable virtualisation in the BIOS, which is mandatory to run 64-bit guests.

---
Stefan Pendl

Windows Vista SP2
AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz
4 GB RAM

Rob

Mar 21, 2010, 2:16:01 PM3/21/10

"Stefan Pendl" wrote:

> .
> I do have Hardware Virtualization enabled in VPC VM (Win 7 Ultimate x64 ) and in Bios. I get same 0xC000035a error as in the initial post.

Has any one successfully installed a Win 7 64 bit guest in Virtual PC 2007
6.0.192 ?

Rob

Mar 21, 2010, 2:42:01 PM3/21/10

"Rob" wrote:

Never mind my post. I read the Virtual PC 2007 release notes and it says
64 bit "hosts OS" is supported but 64 bit "guest OS" is not supported.