windows 98 problem

Pietro84

Aug 30, 2010, 11:37:06 AM8/30/10
when win start i must wait over 5 min...after win load...why?

98 Guy

Aug 30, 2010, 8:26:43 PM8/30/10
Pietro84 wrote:

> when win start i must wait over 5 min...after win load...why?

Before you post a question to usenet, you should check to see if the
newsgroup you are going to post to is active. You did not do that. You
posted to a very inactive newsgroup.

Learn from this experience.

I am posting this response to a much more active newsgroup:

microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

I suggest you read the resulting thread in that group.

I will start by saying that you must supply more information.

Problems with slow windows 98 performance are usually the result of:

1) hard drive problems (lack of space, file fragmentation, logical FAT
errors, bad sectors, etc)

2) insufficient hardware (RAM less than 256 mb, CPU speed less than 500
mhz)

3) recent software changes (including malware, virus, trojan)