Primary Network Logon

Todd Hopfinger

Dec 25, 2002, 12:58:58 AM12/25/02
For 'Primary Network Logon' - What is the
difference between 'Windows Logon', 'Client for Microsoft
Networks', and 'Client for Netware Networks'?
Does 'Windows Logon' not allow network access?

Steve Winograd

Dec 25, 2002, 6:51:41 AM12/25/02
In article <00a801c2abda$b764c510$cef82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA08>, "Todd

Both Windows Logon and Client for Microsoft Networks allow access to a
peer-to-peer network. Client for Microsoft Networks lets you log onto
a Windows NT or Windows 2000 domain. Client for Netware Networks is
only needed on a Netware network.

For typical home network users, I recommend using Windows Logon with
an empty password. You get full network access, and, after you log on
once, there's no logon prompt in the future when Windows starts up.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

for everyone to see. I will not answer questions addressed
directly to me in E-mail or news groups.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows Networking
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;MVPFAQS

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ
http://www.pobox.com/users/winograd/faq.htm