msinfo32.exe

1 view

Günter

Oct 1, 2004, 11:03:24 PM10/1/04
The Msinfo32.exe utility on the system I am refurbishing
has 12 apps on the TOOLS menu where I only have 10 when I
run it on my own machine. I am missing the Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6 Repair Tool and the DirectX Diag
Tool. I can do the IE Repair on my machine by going into
the CPL, Add & Remove Programs, and select to remove IE 6.
It brings up the dialog box with options to uninstall,
repair, or go back to the previous version. I also run
DXDiag.exe with a shortcut on my Programs Menu.
Both machines have 98 SE, IE 6.0.2800.1106, DXDiag.exe ver
4.09.0000.0902.
Why are those Apps not on the Msinfo.32.exe Tools menu on
my machine?

Günter

Oct 15, 2004, 2:19:13 PM10/15/04
Problem solved: I Exported the following key from the refurb one with all
the tools and imported it on my machine.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSInfo]