W98se - W2K, broken file sharing

cew

Dec 23, 2004, 4:11:02 PM12/23/04
I have 2 computers, D and L, on a 100BT LAN. When both were running
W98SE, file sharing worked right. I installed W2K on D, and I think I
set up peer-to-peer networking right. Now D can access shared files on L
fine, as before. D shows up in the joint workgroup on L, but double
clicking D to access D's shared files produces a password dialog box as
follows:
Entire Network Password
You must supply a password to make this connection.
Resource: \\D\IPC$
Password:

I've check all the passwords I can find, but none work.
I'm not even sure which machine is demanding the password.

Appreciate anyone telling me what I've done wrong, or what I'm missing.
Thanks.