Browser for Win2000 and Older Users

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

May 5, 2015, 10:58:34 AM5/5/15
Anyone recommend a browser for Win 2000 more functional than IE6 or Firefox 12. Those are the latest versions available for Win 2000 and several issues browsing with both of them. Upgrading OS is not possible in this particular situation -- dealing with elderly folks in another city.

It's important that these folks keep internet access because it's the only outside resource many of them have. But upgrading to a newer OS is not something they can do without help.

I have search online and no luck so far.

Thanks in advance.

98 G_u_y

May 11, 2015, 9:38:39 AM5/11/15
Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney wrote:

> Anyone recommend a browser for Win 2000 more functional than IE6
> or Firefox 12.

Check out the win-2k forum on msfn.org.

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/35-windows-nt4-2000-2003/

I'm sure they already have a thread regarding what the best browser is
for win-2k, or how to hack various browsers to make them win-2k
compatible.

Or you can start a new thread and ask.

I run Opera 12.02 on win-98 (with KernelEx API enhancement) so I'm sure
that that same version of Opera (and possibly other 12.x versions) would
run natively on Win-2k.

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Sep 21, 2015, 6:30:12 PM9/21/15
"98 G_u_y" <9...@G-u-y.net> wrote in message news:5550B141...@G-u-y.net...
Thanks 98 GUY! Will check it out. I have some proprietary programs that will not run on XP or later and have to stick with this on one machine. Usually I get blasted on these newsgroups for not upgrading....