Network bindings to TCP/IP dissappeared

Bill Snow

Feb 22, 2007, 10:11:54 AM2/22/07
After several minutes of browsing I get page not found or DNS error and can
no longer brows. If I reconnect my old smaller drive in place of the newer
drive everything works fine. Comparing the Network settings between both
drives I find that the problem one has no bindings listed in the binding
window for the 3 Com or the dial up adapters. The one that works has
TCP/IP - Dial Up Adapter with the box checked on Dial up Adapter and Dial Up
Adapter 2 (VPN). The 3 Com has in the binding window TCP/IP 3 Com Fast
EtherLink XL 10/100 Mb TX ... I assume this is what is causing the problem.

If so what do I need to do to get these bindings back?

I am running Win98SE on an old Dell GX-1 in Arizona with COX Cable. They
will not give any assistance to Win 98 users.

I would appreciate any help someone can give.

Is there a better place to post this?

Bill