Quikview not available in file view options

1 view

DanOfWA

Dec 16, 2005, 9:52:39 PM12/16/05
I am having problems with QUIKVIEW in win98se

I had to recently recover my registry due to some errors and now
quikview of files is not an option in the file extension properties area

I do have quikview.exe in the proper directory (folder)
and it does not work with command line use
ie quikview c:\windows\xxx.xxx
or by using the send to trick
I have restored it from cab files and it still doesn't work

any ideas? I would really like to get this damn thing working again

Please let me know if there is a way to get windows to recognize this
program again

an easy one if possible....if not one that requires massive registry
editing is better than nothing

thanks

DanB
aka DanOfWA

---------
NOTE: This email does not and is not to be considered as evidence of,
creation of nor proof of an existing business relationship between
myself and any other party and shall supercede any existent policy
concerning formation or continuation of a business relationship the
other party to this email has when communicating with me. The sole
determination of existing, creation or proof of business relationship
shall be determined a positive statement of creating said relationship
in the content of the email originating FROM my computer and NOT that of
the other parties computer, system or network.

NOTICE TO BULK/COMMERICAL E-MAILERS:

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, p.227, any and
all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.

Anyone who sends unsolicited commercial e-mail to this account will be
charged a $500 processing fee. Viewing this mail will be considered
official notification and acceptance of these conditions.

Failure to abide by this will result in legal action.

RCW 19.190.020
Unpermitted or misleading electronic mail -- Prohibition.
(1) No person may initiate the transmission, conspire with another to
initiate the transmission, or assist the transmission, of a commercial
electronic mail message from a computer located in Washington or to an
electronic mail address that the sender knows, or has reason to know, is
held by a Washington resident that:
(a) Uses a third party's internet domain name without permission of
the third party, or otherwise misrepresents or obscures any information
in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path of a
commercial electronic mail message; or
(b) Contains false or misleading information in the subject line.

RCW 19.190.040
Violations -- Damages.
(1) Damages to the recipient of a commercial electronic mail message
sent in violation of this chapter are five hundred dollars, or actual
damages, whichever is greater.

Bill Watt

Dec 16, 2005, 10:30:24 PM12/16/05
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:52:39 -0800, DanOfWA <dan...@nventure.com>
wrote:

>I am having problems with QUIKVIEW in win98se
>
>I had to recently recover my registry due to some errors and now
>quikview of files is not an option in the file extension properties area
>
>I do have quikview.exe in the proper directory (folder)
>and it does not work with command line use
> ie quikview c:\windows\xxx.xxx
>or by using the send to trick
> I have restored it from cab files and it still doesn't work
>
>any ideas? I would really like to get this damn thing working again
>
>Please let me know if there is a way to get windows to recognize this
>program again
>
>an easy one if possible....if not one that requires massive registry
>editing is better than nothing
>
>thanks
>
>DanB
>aka DanOfWA

Have you tried Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup > Accessories?
Click Details on Accessories, if Quikview is checked un-check it,
close Control Panel then go back and check it.
Be sure to use OK both times.

It may need to be installed instead of restored.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

DanOfWA

Dec 17, 2005, 11:30:22 AM12/17/05
Bill
yes I did try that........
I finally removed all ref to quick view in the registry and
programs rebooted and then reinstalled via add remove ....took me two
times but it worked.....I think prob was in a corrupted file somewhere
that didn't allow quickview to work right

Bill Watt

Dec 17, 2005, 5:05:15 PM12/17/05

Nice work and thanks for reporting how you fixed it.

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:30:22 -0800, DanOfWA <dan...@nventure.com>