Need help making hard drive FAT32 and bootable!

JMI

Mar 19, 2006, 10:10:08 AM3/19/06
Hello,

I've got what seems like a rather elementary problem, but I can't seem to
think of the answer. I'm trying to make a hard disk bootable, but this hard
disk is not intended for this system. I'm trying to prepare it to go into
another system. Unfortunately, I can only use the Format function in XP to
format the drive as NTFS, FAT32 is not available. This drive must be ready
to have Windows 98 installed on it.

Ultimately, I'd like to make this drive bootable. What might I be missing?

Thanks,

Jeff

Dennis

Mar 20, 2006, 12:45:07 PM3/20/06
I take it you do not have a Win 98 startup floppy or DOS 6.22 floppy?