Clone C: Drive

rednelle31

Apr 12, 2006, 2:01:35 PM4/12/06
Greetings all,

I have 2 (almost) identical HDDs and I thought to copy one (C drive) to the
other - so that if the C drive fails or is infected I can rapidly put the
'spare' drive in its place.
Copying seemed to be no problem although is was necessary to work in DOS to
copy the Swap File.

Sadly when I boot up with the 'spare' drive in place (shorting link set to
Master) the process fails at the 'Verifying DMI Pool Data' stage, with the
report 'NTLDR missing'.

Obviously the two HDDs have different serial numbers.

Is what I am attempting doomed to failure or is there a quick fix ?

(of course I could install Windows 98SE and everything else on the 'spare'
HDD but that will take all day)

Rednelle