Netodragon Win 98 driver

Andreas D. Bauer

Jun 16, 2004, 4:36:00 PM6/16/04
Hello

I need a new driver

But it should be a real V92 driver

May be a smartlink or similar driver is working, but the last smartlink
driver with is free to other modems (no error message) may be 3.00.xx

But I think netodragon is not realy updating ther WIN98 drivers!!

Ciao, Andreas
----

Steve Baron - KB3MM

Jun 16, 2004, 4:48:55 PM6/16/04
Who made the modem ?

"Andreas D. Bauer" <a...@despammed.com> wrote in message

Franc Zabkar

Jun 17, 2004, 7:03:44 PM6/17/04
On 16 Jun 2004 22:36:00 +0200, a...@despammed.com (Andreas D. Bauer)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

>I need a new driver
>
>But it should be a real V92 driver
>

>May be a smartlink or similar driver is working, but the last smartlink
>driver with is free to other modems (no error message) may be 3.00.xx

This URL explains the non-relationship between Netodragon, Motorola,
and Smartlink:
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/sm56.asp

It states that "Smartlink drivers do not support the NetoDragon modem
- reporting an incompatible codec".

>But I think netodragon is not realy updating ther WIN98 drivers!!

Does your modem look like this?
http://www.netodragon.com/neto.jpg
http://www.netodragon.com/NetoDragon.htm

If so, have you tried these generic (?) drivers:
http://www.netodragon.com/Win9X.exe

Otherwise search for "MDV92XP" (the modem chipset).

- Franc Zabkar

Andreas D. Bauer

Jun 18, 2004, 8:18:00 AM6/18/04
Hallo

(Franc Zabkar) fza...@optussnet.com.au wrote

>On 16 Jun 2004 22:36:00 +0200, a...@despammed.com (Andreas D. Bauer)

I finaly mangaed to 'create' a driver (more below)

>>May be a smartlink or similar driver is working, but the last
>>smartlink driver with is free to other modems (no error message)
>>may be 3.00.xx
>This URL explains the non-relationship between Netodragon, Motorola,
>and Smartlink:
> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/sm56.asp

But it's definitly the same software!

>It states that "Smartlink drivers do not support the NetoDragon
>modem - reporting an incompatible codec".

Ok let's say nearly the same software. The codec is different!

>>But I think netodragon is not realy updating ther WIN98 drivers!!

>If so, have you tried these generic (?) drivers:
> http://www.netodragon.com/Win9X.exe

>Otherwise search for "MDV92XP" (the modem chipset).

Old Old Old!!!

I took the Netodragans hardware driver from the WIN98 sub-directory
with is called SLAMR.vd_ and put it into the win98SE sub-directory of
the smartlink-driver (there are a couble of different modem drivers on
my CD). And installed the modified Smartlink!

And it worked!!!!
I run the smartlink modem test without errors!

This message is posted with the 'new' driver.

Ciao, Andreas

alternative E-mail-adresse: deefen.t.adbadb (at) recursor.net
----

Franc Zabkar

Jun 18, 2004, 5:02:28 PM6/18/04
On 18 Jun 2004 14:18:00 +0200, a...@despammed.com (Andreas D. Bauer)

put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Hallo

>(Franc Zabkar) fza...@optussnet.com.au wrote
>>On 16 Jun 2004 22:36:00 +0200, a...@despammed.com (Andreas D. Bauer)
>

>I finaly mangaed to 'create' a driver (more below)
>
>>>May be a smartlink or similar driver is working, but the last
>>>smartlink driver with is free to other modems (no error message)
>>>may be 3.00.xx
>>This URL explains the non-relationship between Netodragon, Motorola,
>>and Smartlink:
>> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/sm56.asp
>But it's definitly the same software!
>
>>It states that "Smartlink drivers do not support the NetoDragon
>>modem - reporting an incompatible codec".
>Ok let's say nearly the same software. The codec is different!
>
>>>But I think netodragon is not realy updating ther WIN98 drivers!!
>
>>Does your modem look like this?
>> http://www.netodragon.com/neto.jpg
>> http://www.netodragon.com/NetoDragon.htm
>
>>If so, have you tried these generic (?) drivers:
>> http://www.netodragon.com/Win9X.exe
>
>>Otherwise search for "MDV92XP" (the modem chipset).
>Old Old Old!!!
>

>I took the Netodragans hardware driver from the WIN98 sub-directory
>with is called SLAMR.vd_

Is that SLAMR.vx_? I'm guessing this stands for "SmartLink Audio Modem
Riser .vxd".

> and put it into the win98SE sub-directory of
>the smartlink-driver (there are a couble of different modem drivers on
>my CD). And installed the modified Smartlink!
>
>And it worked!!!!
>I run the smartlink modem test without errors!
>
>This message is posted with the 'new' driver.
>
>Ciao, Andreas

Congratulations. Perhaps you could drop Richard Gamberg a line at
modemsite.com.

FYI, the latest SmartLink driver appears to be at version 3.60.03:

See http://www.smlink.com/main/index1.php?ln=en&main_id=40

Internal modems - PCI/CNR/AMR/MDC

File Name: SLA56-V3.60.03-MV-WIN98.exe
Driver Version: 3.60.03
Driver Date: November 17, 2003
Driver Size: 3.2 MB

I wonder if you could satisfy my curiosity by answering a few
questions.

When loading your V3.0 driver, do you get the "incompatible codec"
error message?

Is yours a PCI or AMR/CNR modem? If the latter, what is your
mainboard's chipset?

What are the part numbers of the ICs on your modem?

Andreas D. Bauer

Jun 19, 2004, 7:57:00 AM6/19/04
Hallo

(Franc Zabkar) fza...@optussnet.com.au wrote

>On 18 Jun 2004 14:18:00 +0200, a...@despammed.com (Andreas D. Bauer)

>>I took the Netodragans hardware driver from the WIN98 sub-directory
>>with is called SLAMR.vd_
>Is that SLAMR.vx_? I'm guessing this stands for "SmartLink Audio
>Modem Riser .vxd".

I don't think that it's an audio thing.

Look at that lines from mdmslamr.inf:

HKR,,DevLoader,0,slamr.vxd
HKR, HostBasedModemData\Drivers, HWDriver,,slamr.vxd

>> and put it into the win98SE sub-directory of
>>the smartlink-driver (there are a couble of different modem drivers
>>on my CD). And installed the modified Smartlink!
>>
>>And it worked!!!!
>>I run the smartlink modem test without errors!

>Congratulations. Perhaps you could drop Richard Gamberg a line at
>modemsite.com.

>FYI, the latest SmartLink driver appears to be at version 3.60.03:

My Smartlink driver is
DriverVer=11/04/2003,3.60.03.00

>When loading your V3.0 driver, do you get the "incompatible codec"
>error message?

Yes that's the message with the original smartlink driver!

>Is yours a PCI or AMR/CNR modem? If the latter, what is your
>mainboard's chipset?

It's PCI

>What are the part numbers of the ICs on your modem?

V92 Netodragon
MDV92XP
XHFNM400000B

the 2 smaler